• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    picked up a 10/22 at the 1500. wanted a laminate stock but decided i could make due with the bc synthetic that was on it. had to change it up some though.
    010-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Looks good! Did you use Kyrlon camo? I think I may do that to my next AR. The nice thing about Krylon paint is that it's durable enough but yet comes off easy enough if you want to change or strip it back to black.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    used walmart gray primer first to cover the black. then krylon satin pebble as my base color, then i started my cammo with walmart flat black,krylon satin brown boots,krylon satin italin olive,and last was the satin pebble again with satin clear over the whole thing.here are some pics of the process.
    011-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

017.jpg

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    for now i shot flat black enamel with satin clear to see if i like the looks of the black and camo. i have a friend that will cerracoat it for me later. looking forward to an appleseed sometime this year. have to find my son a 10/22 first.

hunter46140

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    i have painted many guns now with krylon. i have used very thin pine needles, and i have some evergreen landscape bushes in the front that i have used. it seems like anythind that you can get to lay flat on the stock seems to work best, in my opinion. good job on the 22!!!

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    Is this the laminate stock you were looking for? I have a slightly used take-off sitting in the closet now...PM me if interested.

Your camo looks like a keeper though. Good job.

HPIM1650-1.jpg

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    cant seem to stop painting my guns. this is my savage 243
    007-5.jpg

my sons weatherby 257. he did this one. i thinh it turned out better than mine.
    032.jpg

025-2.jpg

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    mwilson, i'm very impressed with both rifles, i've been tossing between ideas for my Marlin 30-30, either i was going to tear it down and have all the metal nickel plated, or do some sort of camo, right now i'm really leaning toward the camo, looks very nice, you definetly did that 10/22 a HUGE favor!!!!

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    mwilson, i'm very impressed with both rifles, i've been tossing between ideas for my Marlin 30-30, either i was going to tear it down and have all the metal nickel plated, or do some sort of camo, right now i'm really leaning toward the camo, looks very nice, you definetly did that 10/22 a HUGE favor!!!!

nice thing about the paint is if and when your tired of it you can remove it and try something else. give it a shot and post some pics.

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    nice thing about the paint is if and when your tired of it you can remove it and try something else. give it a shot and post some pics.

definetly will do that, i just wonder if i'll still be able to find this thread by the time i get around to it. i'm thinking arctic camo shades, much like yours, i think it'll actually turn out pretty neat...:D

Top Bottom