Ruger 10/22 muzzle brake fit a HiPoint 995?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I swear I read somewhere that the muzzle brake for the 10/22 FACTORY barrel will fit the barrel on a Hi Point 995 carbine.:dunno: Anyone else heard/read this? I ordered one from Hi Point, but it looks like crap.

I know it is "just for looks" but isn't that part of it???:D

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's not wether it fits. How big is the inside diameter? You're talking about putting a .22 compensator on a 9mm barrel. It's too late and I don't feel like doing the math, but what's a 9mm to a .22? Five or 6 times the diameter? You could be shaving and spraying hot lead all over the place, not to mention blowing something down range, if your lucky. You may want to study on that.

As for the HP compensators, they are infamous for looking like the were drug behind something for a few miles. Buff it up and spray on some stove paint. But they have a pretty tight tolerance of of their own. I've seen a few shave and spray lead right out of the box because they were not symetrical.

Of course, there's always the "duh" test. Will a 9mm fit into the muzzel of the compensator?

firehawk1

Master
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    It's not wether it fits. How big is the inside diameter? You're talking about putting a .22 compensator on a 9mm barrel. It's too late and I don't feel like doing the math, but what's a 9mm to a .22? Five or 6 times the diameter? You could be shaving and spraying hot lead all over the place, not to mention blowing something down range, if your lucky. You may want to study on that.

As for the HP compensators, they are infamous for looking like the were drug behind something for a few miles. Buff it up and spray on some stove paint. But they have a pretty tight tolerance of of their own. I've seen a few shave and spray lead right out of the box because they were not symetrical.

Of course, there's always the "duh" test. Will a 9mm fit into the muzzel of the compensator?

Uh... well.... all the compensators I"VE seen for the 10/22 are around the OD of the factory barrel since they slip on around the front sight. It suddenly hit me, my son has a 10/22 also. So after checking my son's 10/22 I found the OD of the muzzle end of a factory 10/22 barrel is around .620. The OD of the HP 9mm carbine barrel is around .610. At about 25mm to the inch, the ID of a 10/22 compensator is about 9/16"+. PLENTY of room for a 9mm bullet to go thru.

Give me SOME credit here, I was born at night... but not last night.:D

I will agree with your take on the HP compensator though.:yesway: VERY crude!:noway: I thinking about having a machinist at work chuck it up in a lathe and shape/clean it up some before painting it. And yes, I WILL check the ID!

Top Bottom