• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    Spotted this on another site last night, got up early to make sure I got in on it. Got a pair of Patrols for $148 and some change. They will replace my worn out Strikers.

In case anyone's wondering, Danner's are top quality boots, and are a value at retail price. I'm on my feet 10-11 hours a day, and I haven't found a boot I like better. And I'm rough on boots, I destroyed- as in couldn't wear anymore- a pair of U.S. made Red Wings in under six months.

ReSS

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN

I looked at those but the reviews of them on the website are pretty poor. They look pretty sweet and the price is right.

I might get something like this:

Danner - Danner® Marine Temperate Mens/Womens Military Boots - Boots

or this:

Danner - Danner USAF® Mens/Womens Temperate Military Boots - Boots

I've never owned a nice pair of boots before aside from some military surplus ones I had in high school. I had those for the 'mosh pit' and not for actually getting wet and dirty, though.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The site was very slow,but we did get our order in.It may take up to 2-5 minutes per page to load during the order process but do not give up :)

Thanks again for the tip.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    FWIW, I used to be one of those guys who refused to spend more than fifty bucks on a pair of boots, because A) I wore them out so quick, and B) I just didn't want to put that kind of money into boots. I got a pair of Red Wings through work, and while they did not hold up well, they taught me the value of a well crafted, non cheapo pair of boots. I will NEVER wear cheaply made footwear again.

I can honestly say that I can wear my Danners for ten hours at work, come home, eat dinner, and go out to my shop and work for a few hours on my own crap and never be uncomfortable in them.

ReSS

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I posted this elsewhere but hadn't seen that it was here already. I ordered two new pair of Ft Lewis, one of them with 200g Thinsulate. Having worn Danner for years I can confidently say I won't have to buy another pair of boots for the remaining twenty years of my career.

Top Bottom