• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I'm a little ticked off. I set up a pre-paid "reservation" to get some work done on my CZ. I was told that with a reservation " we would only need the gun in the shop for 7 to 10 days." and I could send it in on 11/21/11.

My card gets charged on 11/19, and my gun gets there on 11/21 as agreed.

7-10 days comes and goes. It's the holidays, no big deal, probably added a few days. Everyone needs some time off right?
    After 3 weeks, I start to get a little worried and send an email on 12/11. Now, they responded to the request for a quote and reservation email very quickly. But the very polite request for a status update? Nope. Blown off.

10 days of no email response, so I call on 12/21. Person says, "let me go check on it and call you back in 30 minutes or so." 30 minutes comes and goes. No call. People get busy, I understand that, not a big deal. No callback for almost a week. Blown off again, so on 12/27, so I call again. "He's working on it right now, as we speak. I'll call and update as soon as it's done" All good right?

Well, it's 10+ days later than when I was told it was being worked on. You'd think for a 7-10 day job, I should have heard something. Nope.

So I called again on 1/9. Turns out they "forgot" I had a reservation, so I got the normal turn around time for non pre-paid reservations, 6-8 weeks. They said I should've have it back that (last) week.

I didn't get it back, so I called last Friday. She said it was delayed because they wanted to replate the internals because it didn't come out right the first time, and that I'll get it Tuesday 1/17 this week. They ship it late Monday via 2nd Day air, so that didn't happen.

I ordered Cera-hide on the frame and slide, and cera-plate for the internals. Well, they only did cera-plate on the hammer, trigger bar and disconnecter, but not the sear, ejector and sear cage.

Mistakes happen, but I know if it were my business I would have taken the initiative to call the customer to let them know, and offered to make it right somehow.

Neither of those things happened, and only after a bunch of phone calls on my part did I even get an update and explanation. No apology, nothing. Moreover, when I called, there was an attitude like I was the jerk for expecting them to, I dunno, make good on their word.

Then to top it off, they didn't even get the work order right.

-1 CCR.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Man I really hate to hear this. I have been a long time customer of CCR and have always been very happy with the work and customer service. I have used the reservation system just in Oct last year and turn around for two slides was less than 10 days. I always get prompt phone calls and emails in response to my inquiries.

If this was your first time with CCR I want to assure you its not the norm that I have experienced.

I know you went through a lot with this order but how was the quality of the finished product?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Man I really hate to hear this. I have been a long time customer of CCR and have always been very happy with the work and customer service. I have used the reservation system just in Oct last year and turn around for two slides was less than 10 days. I always get prompt phone calls and emails in response to my inquiries.

If this was your first time with CCR I want to assure you its not the norm that I have experienced.

I know you went through a lot with this order but how was the quality of the finished product?

It wasn't done right. They didn't do the work I ordered. What they did do certainly wasn't worth dealing with all the crap when I could have had any number of local guys do it cheaper, faster, and just as good. (and not give me the run-around in the process)

Mistakes happen, I get that. How a company handles those mistakes is what separates the wheat from the chaff, and CCR has failed in every respect.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It wasn't done right. They didn't do the work I ordered. What they did do certainly wasn't worth dealing with all the crap when I could have had any number of local guys do it cheaper, faster, and just as good. (and not give me the run-around in the process)

Mistakes happen, I get that. How a company handles those mistakes is what separates the wheat from the chaff, and CCR has failed in every respect.

I think I would take this higher in the organization. I would call and ask to speak to someone who has the ability to make this right.

I would also tell them about the fact that you just told over 15,000 of your closest friends who are all gun enthusiasts and potential customers about how they handled your order.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    I would dispute the charges to your card. You did not receive what you paid for. See how quick they want to make it right then.

That being said I hate resorting to that myself, but I hate it even more that I pay for something and I don't get the service that I paid for.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I would dispute the charges to your card. You did not receive what you paid for. See how quick they want to make it right then.

That being said I hate resorting to that myself, but I hate it even more that I pay for something and I don't get the service that I paid for.

Exactly what I thought when I got to the end of the post. I think you've contacted them enough so it's time to call the credit card company.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

Exactly what I thought when I got to the end of the post. I think you've contacted them enough so it's time to call the credit card company.

i agree. I bet a call to MC/Visa/AE will get their attention. Don't let them get away with not doing the work correctly.

ccr refinishing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    Rob377
    I explained to you on the phone that the error was completely mine and I offer an apology.

When the gun came in it was not marked as a reservation and I simply forgot that is was.

We received your gun right in the middle of running our big sale and I forgot to mark it as a reservation

What I don't understand as you never expressed any upset on the phone you seemed to understand and except my apology

Your CZ has an extremely light trigger in it currently and we do not plate Sears and cages for liability reasons

I would have been happy to explain this to you if you had contacted us when you received your gun

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Rob377
    I explained to you on the phone that the error was completely mine and I offer an apology.

When the gun came in it was not marked as a reservation and I simply forgot that is was.

We received your gun right in the middle of running our big sale and I forgot to mark it as a reservation

What I don't understand as you never expressed any upset on the phone you seemed to understand and except my apology

Your CZ has an extremely light trigger in it currently and we do not plate Sears and cages for liability reasons

I would have been happy to explain this to you if you had contacted us when you received your gun

Mistakes happen, OK.

On Nov 19th, when my card was charged, it was clear it was a reservation.

In the email that got ignored in December, it mentioned the reservation.

When I called on Dec 21, when you told me you'd get back to me in 30 minutes (and didn't), I mentioned again that it was a reservation gun.

On Dec 27, I mentioned yet again it was a reservation.

You didn't tell me about the mistake until I called again on Jan. 9.

Take it for what it's worth, but a simple phone call or email when you realized that the reservation was forgotten (which should have been the 1st or 2nd time I mentioned it), and that the parts I'd asked couldn't be done the way I asked, would've gone a long, long way.

Like I said, I understand mistakes happen. To err is human and all. I worked retail in the not-so distant past, so I get that maybe more than most. I'm more pissed about being blown off multiple times.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    Rob377

You should have told him you dont plate the sears and cages when he ordered to have it done and you sure dont ingnore the guy 5 diffrent times. if you cant remember to call him back in 30min how do you expect some to belive you can remember how to coat a gun. 7- 10 days turning into to months. I think he needs to be credited for this.

I know i wont do bussines with you inless you make this right with him

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    That is pretty bad, I have never done business with CCR but this is lacking in desire. Most of my refinishing needs have been done by Chris Peters at Metaloy Industries. I believe I will stick with him.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well, as luck would have it, I just spoke with Mary at CCR, as I have a reservation with CCR to completely Cerahide one of my P228s and one magazine in House Black, along with the repair of a minor scratch, (which we spoke of), and my time slot has arrived. I have been asked to send my gun in the week of Jan 23rd, and she has promised it back into my hands the week of February 6th. This is acceptable to me. In full disclosure, I mentioned that I was a member of INGO, and had seen this thread. My intent is NOT to thread jack, so I can start a new thread if the moderators (or Rob377) wants me to, but my hopefully helpful intent is to post my experience with as much data as possible (when my gun gets mailed, when it is received, and when it is returned), along with pictures of the final product so I can relate my experience to my fellow forum members and provide another data point to the forum

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Well, as luck would have it, I just spoke with Mary at CCR, as I have a reservation with CCR to completely Cerahide one of my P228s and one magazine in House Black, along with the repair of a minor scratch, (which we spoke of), and my time slot has arrived. I have been asked to send my gun in the week of Jan 23rd, and she has promised it back into my hands the week of February 6th. This is acceptable to me. In full disclosure, I mentioned that I was a member of INGO, and had seen this thread. My intent is NOT to thread jack, so I can start a new thread if the moderators (or Rob377) wants me to, but my hopefully helpful intent is to post my experience with as much data as possible (when my gun gets mailed, when it is received, and when it is returned), along with pictures of the final product so I can relate my experience to my fellow forum members and provide another data point to the forum

No objection here.

I doubt that my experience was the norm, and hopefully you get better communication and follow through than I did. I suspect that you will, since it's now a public job. If they give you the same treatment as me, with notice that it's being publicly logged, that would be really bad.

In other news, I just got an email saying that they didn't charge me for the plating on the sear and ejector, which is strange because they charged my card on Nov 19 based on my reservation for plating ALL the internals. That was 2 days before my gun arrived and over a month before the day (Dec 27th) they told me "he's working on it right now"

How in the world could they have known that the trigger was too light to plate those parts before they ever got it???

ccr refinishing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    Rob377

When you spoke about the refinishing you only mentioned refinishing the gun and plating of the hammer and trigger which was the $149 and $25 for the plating. I had made a note of it so I knew how much to charge you. You only mentioned the internals on the work order form when you sent the gun in

Mary CCR

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Rob377

When you spoke about the refinishing you only mentioned refinishing the gun and plating of the hammer and trigger which was the $149 and $25 for the plating. I had made a note of it so I knew how much to charge you. You only mentioned the internals on the work order form when you sent the gun in

Mary CCR

I'm quite certain I asked for all internals during that phone call. You told me it would be good for smoothing out the action.

And the trigger didn't even get done!

Even if there was an honest miscommunication there, I still got charged full price for job that was not completed in the promised time frame despite a number of reminders, and still got blown off when I tried to follow up.

(ETA pic: note trigger is the exact same raw stainless as the unfinished one with black grips)
    IMG_0091.jpg
    [/IMG]

Last edited:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    This is why you should still either submit orders either via a faxed order, mailed order, or emailed order.

Then there is no doubt.

There is no reason to keep speaking badly of a typically reputable company. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, but it seems they are trying to meet you halfway.

Give them another call, and see how they can make you happy. Misstakes happen, and it seems they are trying to fix it.

Top Bottom