• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have had a case of .22 on backorder since January 1 of this year. Have seen it in stock at various times over the past month or 2 but they won't fulfill my backorder. Emailed them about it & they had the nerve to respond;

"Thank you for your recent email concerning your backorder. I apologize for the delay, but unfortunately, we have not yet received the Remington Thunderbolt Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose".

I am about done with them.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I too am on Backorder for 22LR and was told that my order was pending. She estimated 2 - 3 more months and my order was placed in November before yours

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have had things back ordered from Midway and they always come thru without a hitch. But I never tried to order the extremely high in demand .22 ammo from them. All I know for sure is that Midway is going to continue to get my business, they always come thru for me. I am thinking that .22 is a special case since it is in such high demand.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I was on backorder for some cowboy action ammo that's hard to get if you don't reload. They told me up front it would be a long time and it was. All along the way I received e-mail updates telling me it was still on backorder. I called a couple times and they were very friendly, but just couldn't fill the demand just yet. I never saw them once available on line, they always said on back order.

If I were you I'd call and tell them you've seen them available. It could have been a computer error and they weren't really available.

The screenshots is a good idea.

Unsusual - never had any issues with Midway.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I ordered two bricks of CCI Quiet Tuesday afternoon from Midway. Right after placing the order, I received an email that part of my .22 backorder (a brick out of a brick and a case of Fed Am Eagle) was going to ship the next day. I called to see if they could combine the two orders for shipping but alas they could not. I canceled the single brick and will wait on the case. No big deal to me.

BTW, nice to place an order for 1,000 rounds of .22 on Tuesday afternoon and have it hit my desk at work Wednesday before lunch.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    There are probably a million people with 22 on back order. I doubt your item was actually being purchased by new orders. It probably showed "in stock" just ling enough to fill the back orders in front of you. I sometimes get alert emails and log in only to find the product was gone in the 30seconds between the alert and my response. Such is life on highly sought items.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    After thinking about this and seeing what they are doing I don't believe that they will fill ANY backorders of case .22 until it is staying on the shelves, which for plinking rounds is still going to be a LONG time. When I made the order the expected delivery date was July or August 2014 I believe. I was hesitant to place an order with that long of an expected date but did it anyway. They changed their MO after accepting the order, they are busting up the cases to sell bricks & 50 packs. Some time after I made the backorder they stopped accepting backorders.

I am going to go out on a limb here & project that they will still be telling people that their backorders are 2-3 months out this January.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I received a back order that was about a year and a half old. Some of the other places just quit taking back orders. Midsouth appears to have purged their back order list at the end of the year. I mistakenly told them to only ship my order when it was complete, so I didn't even get the powder that was instock at the time. I can understand their situation in this extremely unusual market. I can also understand everyones frustration trying to get .22 rimfire and canister grade reloading powders. I am looking for the same supplies myself.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    What you likely saw was an issue with their online inventory system. I had this happen once before with them. When they receive a shipment in and it is totally allotted already, the online system will temporarily switch to available until the back orders are processed.

Top Bottom