• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I placed an order for a Beretta Cx4 on October 9th. Their website said they had them in stock. That was a lie. Turns out they were on back order. I waited patiently for 3 months (they had already taken payment). After waiting and getting no communication from them unless I pestered them I decided to cancel my order. They cancelled it promptly. However, I had to call and email them at least once a day for a week and a half to get them to process my refund.

I looked them up and it seems a lot of people have had similar experiences with Botach. Buyer beware.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've had a similar situation with them.....

3 times. There won't be a 4th.

There wouldnt be a 3rd if it were me... and probably not a second.

CBC Industries for example. Considered a freefloat handguard that they have the best deal on. I drug my feet too long and they sold out. So I emailed them to find out an ETA for the next shipment. No reply. A week later I saw they were on Facebook. Sent them a private message and it was read several hours later. No response. A week later I get spam from them about a sale on handguards. (apparently emailing customer service adds you to their mailing list) I promptly unsubscribed with the feedback that they were too unresponsive and I refuse to deal with companies like that.

never again.

ETA: Sportsmans Guide also pulls these shenanigans. Showed a scope in stock so I added it to an order. Next day I get an email telling me the other item shipped, and the scope would ship in 90 days. WTF!?!?! No mention of a delay when I ordered.

Last edited:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    They are a joke, they have had issues like this for as long as I can remember. They've never gotten a dime from me for reasons like this.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    If they would just mark items "out of stock" BEFORE you actually pay for them, that would be great. About 10 business days went by before I decided to email them asking if my Magpul Hunter 700 shipped. They emailed back and said it was on backorder. I replied.... "And when did you plan on filling me in on this?"

Last edited:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    If they would just mark items "out of stock" BEFORE you actually pay for them, that would be great. About 10 business days went by before I decided to email them asking if my Magpul Hunter 700 shipped. They emailed back and said it was on backorder. I replied.... "And when did you plan on filing me in on this?"

From what I've read, they didn't.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I have ordered from them at least six times with out any issues. Sorry that you have had issues with them.

Same here, except on a subsequent order of two Magpul Glock mags, they pulled this crap on me. They were shown as in stock, then they informed me two weeks after the order that they were on backorder. I waited a couple more weeks, contacted them, and they said they were still on back order. They finally tried to charge my credit card, which by then had the old expiration date, so they contacted me to update it. I decided I'd had enough and didn't update the card and let the order lapse. That was at least 5 weeks after the original order. I'm now done with them.

Keep ordering from them and hopefully you'll remain happy. My bet is that you'll run into something like this at some point. Too bad. I like their pricing with free shipping. It tells you what you'll pay up front. They just need to get their inventory management and customer service fixed.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    IF things are actually in stock then they usually have decent prices. Problem is, they lie about having things in stock. This is a habit they've had for many years. I don't know if they consider something "in stock" because there is an order expected or on back order, no idea. They also have a habit of canceling orders (current & back) on high demand items during political turmoil. If you've got mags on order when something like a mass shooting or EO happens then you can expect them to be canceled and the product to suddenly cost $79.00 instead of $29.00

They won't ever get a penny from me again.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    When I order something, I want it. If I wanted it in three weeks, I'd order it then.

Worse than poor communication--in my opinion, at least--is poor inventory management. You can't sell what you don't have unless you have a really good system to acquire it on demand. Botach hasn't got it, so I'll never be a customer.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    As the others have said. They have pulled this stuff for a long time. During the panic buying it was a lot worse, along with a few other sites. Even with the Mil/Leo discount they give I still will not shop there.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I have gotten some very nice stuff from them at great prices, but yes, when something was out of stock and I cancelled my order, it took forever to get it credited back to my card. This happened a couple times a few years ago, too many for me, and I haven't been back since.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I got in on buying reloading supplies after Sandy Hook and the norm was to get on a back order list and wait it out. Things have gotten a lot better over the last couple years but I have learned patience in my older years. I am mostly ordering backups at this point so if the price is right I don't have a problem waiting. I ordered fifty mags from them a month ago and I had my order within a week. Like I said up thread I'm sorry so many have had issues, but for me I gonna keep on keeping on until they do me wrong.

I have had four eight pound jugs of Bullseye powder on back order for two months. Grafs won't charge my card until it ships so what do I have to lose?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I got in on buying reloading supplies after Sandy Hook and the norm was to get on a back order list and wait it out. Things have gotten a lot better over the last couple years but I have learned patience in my older years. I am mostly ordering backups at this point so if the price is right I don't have a problem waiting. I ordered fifty mags from them a month ago and I had my order within a week. Like I said up thread I'm sorry so many have had issues, but for me I gonna keep on keeping on until they do me wrong.

I have had four eight pound jugs of Bullseye powder on back order for two months. Grafs won't charge my card until it ships so what do I have to lose?

I think the problem isnt them selling what they have, but what they DONT have. That my friend is where the rubber meets the road and separates the good seller from the bad.

Goofus takes your money and doesnt care how long it takes to ship.
    Gallant dutifully advertises backorders and gives his customers an ETA.
    Goofus cancels backorders on items that get "panicked" right before the shipment arrives, then sells the incoming stock at an inflated rate "because he can".
    Gallan honors backorders and sells the remaining at the higher prices to only the latecomers.
    etc, etc, etc.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Botach is awful. I only tried them once about 3-4 years ago for some Glock mags. As with everyone else, website said, "in stock"... after placing the order and waiting about a week, I inquired about them and was told they were not in stock and it would be so many weeks before they expected them in stock. Right away I went to their website, checked the exact same magazines and the website said they were "in stock". I replied with an email and screen shot asking why their website says they are still in stock, but they are telling me they are not. I didn't want an answer and asked for a refund right away. It took over 2 weeks to get my refund.

I haven't been back since and I will never go back.

Super Trucker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    In front of you
    The only issues I have had with them is that any Jewish holiday they shut down and allow emails and calls to back up until after their holiday, might be a week or two before you get an answer/solution. I only order stuff from them I do not need asap because of this.

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    I ordered some ETS mags on their Hillary sale on the 11th. They issued a tracking number and that was all. My second call to them today is same result, "I will call the shipeing dept. blah blah". My next call to them is going to be a doosey...

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I was going to buy some stuff from them but a friend warned me not to or I'd get Botached. Pretty much what they call what happened to the OP and seems to happen a lot.

Top Bottom