Plinker

PSA, "NEW" Black is Gray?

I built my first AR using a lot of PSA parts and really liked the parts and service.

I decided to build another A2 style, and saw they had the A2 butt stock with complete lower parts kit for $99. I bought one but when I received it the A2 buttstock was dark gray, not black. You could easily see the difference in color between the butt plate and stock.

I called and they told me to return the gray butt stock and they would send me a black one. I sent it back and have been waiting. In the meantime I ordered a black lower receiver from PSA and it arrives at my FFL on Monday.

I called again today to ask about the butt stock and they told me that the "dark gray" A2 butt stock is their "black" for the A2.

Oh boy,

louielouie

Plinker
    A2 fixed stocks are usually a 'grayer' color IIRC. They look like they have a higher fiberglass content or something.

I had the same issue with my RRA A2 stock. I rubbed some gun oil into it and it really seemed to help turn it darker.

Plinker
    I didn't think about a different composition, but the gun oil may turn it dark enough to help some.

louielouie

Columbia, SC Palmetto State Armory's Avatar
    Louie,

Our A2 stocks are a gray color, I'm not sure why CS told you we had a black one, but they were mistaken. Sorry for the confusion.

Like others have said they will darken with oil.
    Palmetto State Armory
    200 Business Park Blvd
    Columbia, SC 29203
    Web Sales: 803.788.9095
    socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com

Quote Originally Posted by 243rem700 View Post
    I had the same issue with my RRA A2 stock. I rubbed some gun oil into it and it really seemed to help turn it darker.
    ^^^THIS^^^
    Test for Echo

Ive never seen a black A2 stock, only ever seen gray ones. A1 stocks are black though, I prefer them to A2 anyways.
    NFAddict

Plinker
    ctbreitwieser,

I wasn't aware of the butt stock difference between the A1 and A2.
    Now I am.

243rem700,

I was not ignoring your reply; I am waiting to get my butt stock back from PSA so I can try the oil darkening.

Palmetto State Armory,

I am still building my new AR15 on a PSA lower receiver with PSA lower parts. I think you make a good product.

It is unfortunate about the A2 butt stock and the coloring, but as soon as I get the butt stock back from your CS I will try the oil darkening.

louielouie