• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Chatter about this event is buried in a not-obvious thread, so I figured it deserves its own. A full description can be found here:

https://www.picatic.com/ReveresMarksmen2015JunHoosierHill

Please join us to improve your rifle marksmanship, hear exciting American Revolutionary War tales, and be inspired to make a positive difference in your own communities, your state, and your country.

Sunday will offer the opportunity to shoot out to 200 yards, so bring those centerfires, too!

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    Convinced my nephew to go, he is pumped up! I'll be setting him up with gear tomorrow night. 10/22 with tech sites and sling, shooting mat, Anything else other than PPE?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Convinced my nephew to go, he is pumped up! I'll be setting him up with gear tomorrow night. 10/22 with tech sites and sling, shooting mat, Anything else other than PPE?

Pack a lunch for both of you and stay hydrated. Drink lots of water. Dress in layers so you can stay comfortable as the temperature changes. The weather looks like it's going to be terrific.

Also, shooting at 200 yards on Sunday so bring a centerfire rifle if you like. I'll probably be a dad by then, don't think I'm going to attend.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    That is a great range and your sunny high of 53 looks a lot better than my cloudy high of 32!

HH
    (Where it's currently -2* F)

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Day one is in the books. It wasn't exactly the sunny and 52 degrees we were planning on but it wasn't bad for the first weekend in December. I want to Thank Sam, for helping me get the campfire started this morning. I was beginning to make an attempt when Sam came along. After watching him, I'm sure my attempt would have been futile.

Amazing group of shooters today. All were very safe today, attentive and eager to learn.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Day one is in the books. It wasn't exactly the sunny and 52 degrees we were planning on but it wasn't bad for the first weekend in December. I want to Thank Sam, for helping me get the campfire started this morning. I was beginning to make an attempt when Sam came along. After watching him, I'm sure my attempt would have been futile.

Amazing group of shooters today. All were very safe today, attentive and eager to learn.

I'm not sure what the official temps were but when I got in my car to leave, the thermometer read 43. Thankfully the wind wasn't blowing. I just didn't strip as many layers off as I had thought. Sitting here getting ready to head out for another day. I added one warmer layer today just in case it stays cool all day.:)

Rayne thanks for helping me with slinging up! If I do it enough times maybe I'll remember how to do it after I leave today, lol.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Great event and a big shoutout to all the shooters that braved the cold and made the event a success. Hope to see you all on the line in 2016

Bstorm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2015
    Sellersburg
    I know when I rolled out of the tent this morning, the temperature was right around 24. A little colder than I anticipated, but all was well. It turned into a great day, and a great weekend overall.

I want to thank all the instructors, it was a great class. I learned a lot of new information. Now to Practice at home to get it down! The stories were great, really heard some stuff that was never taught in school, and got a lot of time to work with what we were being taught, and able to talk to the instructors to fine tune technique was a huge help. They didn't mind taking a few extra minutes or even longer if needed to help any of us. They were all very patient. Looking forward to taking another class! All of the other shooters were great too. All age ranges, but everyone was excited to shoot and really learn some new things.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    As a participant, I am not sure where to start and where to end. I am usually a person of few words. I may be a little long here. Treat is as an AAR, lol. At most shooting events there is always that one guy. You know, the tacticool dude who knows everything about guns and wants everyone to know it. He's the guy who will bring 6 flavors of the same gun to a one gun match just because he has them. And he wants you to see his light set-ups on each one.:) He may or may not be the same guy who keeps telling the instructors how they do it and will offer "suggestions" ad nauseum throughout the event. I always want to hand the clipboard to those guys and say; "here, you teach the class".:)

Well, in the last two days, that guy did not show up. What did show up was some very qualified, respectful and friendly instructors with zero "attitude". Along with that I saw a field of participants/students who returned in kind to the instructors. No one strutting about showing off their latest gizmo. Just a group of ladies and gents having a great time and coming away with some valuable education.

I have said this before and will say it again, if you want to get someone you know into shooting, take them to one of these events. It is the safest shooting event I have ever been too, totally devoid of intimidation(heck even Mohawk Slim makes a mohawk look good!)and they will teach you how to shoot and give you a nice history lesson on what really happened on April 19th, 1776. Men, kids, ladies, this class will make all feel welcome and at ease.

Look for them next year when it gets a little warmer. Today was a great day. Yesterday...was bit chilly...but we survived.

Thank-you Huff, Jake, TJ, Rayne, Mohawk Slim for working on my Garand, helping me on the line, being a great host, helping me figure out the sling, and helping me to understand dope. You instructors I missed I thank you also. I just don't know your INGO name, LOL.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Even though I was happy to be attending to my family obligations today, that doesn't mean I didn't miss being out there with all the fine shooters I met on the line yesterday. Mohawk Slim kept posting pictures on FB, teasing me. I called him in the afternoon to check on everyone. He had just left the range, so I didn't get to tell ya'll Hi!

I wanted to give a shout out to Logan and his Pappy. Thank you for bringing Logan Pappy, you have a grandson to be proud of in Logan.
    Chris, I heard you got squared away and was ringing steel at 100 yards this afternoon.
    Sam, was a solid shooter all weekend. I'm glad to hear that you weren't a popsicle this morning. Thanks again for the fire starting skills this weekend.
    Greg and the gentleman in the neatly trimmed beard (my apologies for not remembering your name) I didn't get to work with either of you on Saturday much and the good thing about that is, that you were very safe and squared away. Thank you both for your attention and attendance. It's guys like you that makes instructing a breeze.
    The Janis family, I heard didn't make it back on Sunday, but I do want to give them a shout out for bringing their daughters out to endure the cold damp day. Not a complaint was heard from the girls and they were eager to implement what you asked of them. Angela was also very easy to instruct. It's always so nice to have shooters eager to try the techniques you are trying to teach them.

I brought 400 rounds of ammo with me, planning on being a shooter this weekend. I didn't go through 40 rounds and I'm not one bit disappointed. Thanks to the shooters, I'm a happy instructor.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm not a dad yet but probably will be come this Wednesday through induced labor if Mother Nature doesn't intervene beforehand. My wife Dana has been absolutely terrific, a real trooper and hanging tough with twins well over 7 lbs. each now and 38 weeks in.

I was way too busy with nesting activities to get down there but in the near term looking forward to helping out again this spring and longer term, helping teach our kids some history and how to safely handle firearms and learn to shoot!

UglyAmerican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Fishers
    As a participant this weekend as well, I wish to thank all of the instructors who volunteered their precious time to help me and the other students learn a ton about marksmanship. I must say from first-hand experience that they absolutely will help you out individually if you need it - and for that, I need to give special thanks to Rayne and Cindy (I don't recall her INGO handle) for their patience, their help, and Rayne's willingness to lend me one of her rifles due to problems I was having with my own. It's the best $60 I've spent in a long time, and I'm looking forward to more. It'd be wonderful to see RR get Basic Pistol sessions going around here also... especially given current events... Oh, and giving the Garand a try was an excellent ending to yesterday.

Plans are in the works to do some classes at HCFG (Hamilton County Fish and Game), right? My wife will kill me if I leave her by herself with the kids all weekend again!

Last edited:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    As a participant this weekend as well, I wish to thank all of the instructors who volunteered their precious time to help me and the other students learn a ton about marksmanship. I must say from first-hand experience that they absolutely will help you out individually if you need it - and for that, I need to give special thanks to Rayne and Cindy (I don't recall her INGO handle) for their patience, their help, and Rayne's willingness to lend me one of her rifles due to problems I was having with my own. It's the best $60 I've spent in a long time, and I'm looking forward to more. It'd be wonderful to see RR get Basic Pistol sessions going around here also... especially given current events... Oh, and giving the Garand a try was an excellent ending to yesterday.

Plans are in the works to do some classes at HCFG, right? My wife will kill me if I leave her by herself with the kids all weekend again!

HCFG? Remind me what that stands for? Would your wife like to join us? I think that would be amazing. Or if she would prefer, she can leave you home with the kids and she could come to our ladies only event. :D

It was a pleasure working with you and all the other shooters. You all were very attentive and safe. I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend.

Top Bottom