• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Thank you all for your patience while we work thru some technical difficulties, but without further ado, I am pleased to present the 2016 Reveres Riders schedule.

April 16-17 Bedford (2 day rifle)

April 16-17 Providence, KY (2 day rifle)

April 23-24 Crawfordsville (2 day rifle)

May 28-29 Noblesville (2 day rifle)

June 4-5 Nashville (2 day rifle)

June 18 Crawfordsville (1 day rifle)

July 9-10 Noblesville (2 day rifle)

August 6 Crawfordsville (1 day pistol probably)

September 24-25 Bedford (2 day rifle)

October 15-16 Crawfordsville (2 day rifle)

December 3-4 Nashville (2 day rifle)

January 21-22 Crawfordsville (2 day rifle)

There will also be some KD shoots and additional pistol shoots in 2016, but the scheduling details have not been finalized yet. New shoot dates and ranges will be updated here as they become confirmed.

Hope to see many of you on the line in the coming months. The event directors for these events will be making threads on how to sign up for their specific shoots as the dates approach. In the meantime, feel free to PM me or any other members any questions you may have.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Thank you all for your patience while we work thru some technical difficulties, but without further ado, I am pleased to present the 2016 Reveres Riders schedule.

April 16-17 Bedford (2 day rifle)

April 16-17 Providence, KY (2 day rifle)

April 23-24 Crawfordsville (2 day rifle)

May 28-29 Noblesville (2 day rifle)

June 4-5 Nashville (2 day rifle)

June 18 Crawfordsville (1 day rifle)

July 9-10 Noblesville (2 day rifle)

August 6 Crawfordsville (1 day pistol probably)

September 24-25 Bedford (2 day rifle)

October 15-16 Crawfordsville (2 day rifle)

December 3-4 Nashville (2 day rifle)

January 21-22 Crawfordsville (2 day rifle)

There will also be some KD shoots and additional pistol shoots in 2016, but the scheduling details have not been finalized yet. New shoot dates and ranges will be updated here as they become confirmed.

Hope to see many of you on the line in the coming months. The event directors for these events will be making threads on how to sign up for their specific shoots as the dates approach. In the meantime, feel free to PM me or any other members any questions you may have.

Hello Jake,
    I was looking at attending an AS event last year with my daughter. We ended up not going because she would have been the only girl there and it sounded like the only youth shooter (cant say 100% if she was the only youth). We are looking at the April crawfordsville or May Noblesville events. Do you know the # of youths registered and #females? Prob not a huge deal about the females because I will be there, but she seems to be concerned about it. We could probably make either event if one looks better than another.

Also, are the requirements similar to AS? I have a few 22's some with and without scopes. Does it matter if the rifles are scoped? The rifles require an adjustable sling correct? Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Hello Jake,
    I was looking at attending an AS event last year with my daughter. We ended up not going because she would have been the only girl there and it sounded like the only youth shooter (cant say 100% if she was the only youth). We are looking at the April crawfordsville or May Noblesville events. Do you know the # of youths registered and #females? Prob not a huge deal about the females because I will be there, but she seems to be concerned about it. We could probably make either event if one looks better than another.

Also, are the requirements similar to AS? I have a few 22's some with and without scopes. Does it matter if the rifles are scoped? The rifles require an adjustable sling correct? Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bring what ya got ... the Instructors will help you to learn how to be a more accurate shot with your rifle and equipment. If you choose to try working with a sling and don't have one, the Instructors will have some extra in their kits that can temporary be attached to your rifle(s). There is no need to go out and buy anything special to attend a RR event.

Also, do not miss a RR event just because your daughter might be the only youth (or female) on the line ... she will be made to feel welcome and wanted at any or all of the RR events ... this I can guarantee. All of our Instructors take great pride in being willing and able to work with anybody who is safe on the line ... anybody ... regardless of age or gender. FWIW, many of the Instructors have daughters of their own, and fully understand how to work with a young lady.

Looking forward to seeing you and your daughter on the line.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Bring what ya got ... the Instructors will help you to learn how to be a more accurate shot with your rifle and equipment. If you choose to try working with a sling and don't have one, the Instructors will have some extra in their kits that can temporary be attached to your rifle(s). There is no need to go out and buy anything special to attend a RR event.

Also, do not miss a RR event just because your daughter might be the only youth (or female) on the line ... she will be made to feel welcome and wanted at any or all of the RR events ... this I can guarantee. All of our Instructors take great pride in being willing and able to work with anybody who is safe on the line ... anybody ... regardless of age or gender. FWIW, many of the Instructors have daughters of their own, and fully understand how to work with a young lady.

Looking forward to seeing you and your daughter on the line.

I will second TJ's assertion that RR events are VERY family friendly. I've done both RR and Appleseed events with these folks and you can't ask for more friendly and helpful instructors. I plan to bring my 15 year old daughter to one of their events once school is out and wouldn't think twice about whether kids and/or other females are there. The last RR event I attended (December in Nashville, IN) there was a family with two young daughters ("tweeners" I would guess) plus another high school age boy in attendance (if I recall correctly).

I would not hesitate for a second in signing up for any of their events.

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County

How old is your daughter? I took my kids to the Crawfordsville event last October- my son was 14 and my daughter was 9. They've both "aged up" since then, so my son is 15 and my daughter is 10 now. They might be at the April Crawfordsville event- we're waiting for their swim meet schedule to be posted before we decide for sure.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    How old is your daughter? I took my kids to the Crawfordsville event last October- my son was 14 and my daughter was 9. They've both "aged up" since then, so my son is 15 and my daughter is 10 now. They might be at the April Crawfordsville event- we're waiting for their swim meet schedule to be posted before we decide for sure.

They did awesome. They were safe, paid attention, followed instruction, and seemed to have a great time. Did Santa bring them anything cool to use at the next one?

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    They did awesome. They were safe, paid attention, followed instruction, and seemed to have a great time. Did Santa bring them anything cool to use at the next one?

They did have a great time! And yes, they do each have something new to bring. I wanted to wait until Christmas, but I was overruled, so they actually arrived before then... there are impatient people in our household. ;) Unfortunately, there hasn't been a chance to take them out of their boxes and try them out yet. This April event might be the perfect opportunity for the kids to break them in.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    They did have a great time! And yes, they do each have something new to bring. I wanted to wait until Christmas, but I was overruled, so they actually arrived before then... there are impatient people in our household. ;) Unfortunately, there hasn't been a chance to take them out of their boxes and try them out yet. This April event might be the perfect opportunity for the kids to break them in.

That's great, and I am sure they were happy. Hope to see you all in April.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    We're impatient people on this forum ... tell us what you got ... don't make us wait until April.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Hello Jake,

Thanks.

Hi Speedracer, I can completely understand/relate to your daughter not wanting to be the only female/teen at an event. RR has several excellent female instructors that would love to have a chance to work with your daughter. If that would make her more comfortable than having male instructors? If you let us know what event you sign up for, we can inquire if there will be female instructors at that event. You can also contact Indiana Revere's Riders through the email IN@reveresriders.org

P.S. I'm one of those female instructors so if there is anything I can do to help let me know. :)

Top Bottom