• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    GSSF will again be holding the Hoosier Classic Match at Eagle Creek Pistol Range on June 25-26, 2011.

As always, the success of this match depends upon volunteers for set up and match stage running.

GSSF gives out several goodies to each volunteer, shirt and hat for the match, then *several* months later, some nicer gifts (backpack, Glock knife, pistol mags and cases, etc).

Oh, yeah, GSSF also gives away (at least) TWO GLOCK pistols to the volunteers (last year, they gave away 3!).

Setup for the match will be Friday, June 24 starting around 5.30pm, usually with a volunteer meeting & paperwork after.

Please contact me at ecpr@sbcglobal.net to express interest.

Please, DON’T “PM” me off this board, it is MUCH easier for me to keep track of email addresses than PM’s.

Thanks for your participation!

Steve

ps I'm no longer Rangemaster at Eagle Creek, was terminated this week (me and my big mouth...), but I'm still going to drum up volunteers. It'll just be a bit more challenging.

eta: For every 4 hours of time you donate, you'll get a raffle ticket towards the pistol drawing. If you do the set up Friday, work all day Sat & Sun and tear down Sun, you could earn 6 chances for the Glock.

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    If I'm in town that weekend, I'm in!

p.s. I was first to reply last year, too. Does that mean I win a Glock? :D

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Ill help out again this year. I enjoyed working the plates last time.

What did you say this time to get the can?

As you faced the plates, did you work the ones on the left (in the back, back corner) or the ones on the right? I think it was 115 in the area on the right where I spent 99% of that weekend.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Gotta love the Glock matches. Last year was a great match with all the volunteers that showed up. I hope we have the same number or more volunteers show up.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    As you faced the plates, did you work the ones on the left (in the back, back corner) or the ones on the right? I think it was 115 in the area on the right where I spent 99% of that weekend.

I was there both days on the plates in the very back left side. Fun times. Other than that dope that shot one off at the ground and freaked everyone out. Luckily he was the only one up at the firing line.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hi Steve, I sent you an email to get details.

This sounds very interesting.

I own multiple Glocks and was a one time GSSF member (many years ago) but never participated/volunteered for a match.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I've had some email issues, so if any emails bounced or I have responded, I apologize.

Let me answer WebSnyper's questions here, it may benefit others;

You can sign up for a specific COF on Friday evening at the volunteer meeting. Warning: The plate racks go fast :D

If you have a teenage-ish child, and they want to help out, that's great! The more, the merrier!! :rockwoot:

Each COF needs at least 4 volunteers to make it run smooth. There are 6 COF's. Plus, we need at least 4 other people to run sign-in stations, so we need a minimum of 28 people on Saturday & Sunday to make it go.

We've done it with less, trust me, it isn't much fun.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom