Closed matches, spot shoots, still board, turkey shoots?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    They are know by many names. Usually held in the fall. I know of several in the counties lining the ohio river towards evansville such as the Knights of Columbus in St. Meinrad, American Legion in Ferdinand, but are there other places that hold these events still? :dunno: Nothing like going to church on a particular fall sunday with a shotgun, Siberia shooting match. Hoping to find some near the central part of the state I have relocated.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    They are know by many names. Usually held in the fall. I know of several in the counties lining the ohio river towards evansville such as the Knights of Columbus in St. Meinrad, American Legion in Ferdinand, but are there other places that hold these events still? :dunno: Nothing like going to church on a particular fall sunday with a shotgun, Siberia shooting match. Hoping to find some near the central part of the state I have relocated.

lots of clubs & VFW posts host these things..
    I think they are kind of boring..

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club held them up until mid March. I believe they are done for the season now. Checked one out but my heart rate went so high that I had to find another less strenuous activity...Where is that purple highlighter again?

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    Still board, turkey shoot, spot shoot - You pay $2.50-4, you get a peice of cardboard that you put your + on and they take it and put on a post with about 14 other cards on 14 other posts. One shot (12 gauge) per board. Then you and 14 other people shoot at their own board. The closest one to the + wins. One winner per round. You can win a turkey, ham, or $20 at the ones I have been to. Bascially the hillbilly form of gambling.

Closed match - 7 to 12 shots per board. $1 per shot. The thing with this type is that you go against everyone that night, there is no winner per round. Pretty much have to be dead on the + to win these. First choice is half a beef and then it gets smaller there after.

No membership required at all of the ones I go to. Just show up and give them your money and they will be happy to let you shoot.

Top Bottom