• ...and so much more!
  • jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    WVRPC 4June USPSA NOT cancelled

Scratch my message earlier. There has been a change of plans. This match is still on for June 4th.

Last edited:

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'd recommend starting a new thread that says "Not Cancelled." I would not have come back to this thread had someone not told me you were no longer cancelled.

Well, I changed the subject to include the NOT, but it doesn't seem to have transfered to the Shooting Sports page. So I made a new page. Thanks.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Unless I get shanghaied at home, I'll either be at this match, IDPA at ACC, or steel at RileyCC. I'm leaning toward this match because it's about half the driving time from my house to either of the other two destinations.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Unless I get shanghaied at home, I'll either be at this match, IDPA at ACC, or steel at RileyCC. I'm leaning toward this match because it's about half the driving time from my house to either of the other two destinations.

It's nice to have so many CHOICES for shooting matches this weekend! Like you, I'm closer to Lafayette than I am to Riley, so I'm going there this weekend. Hopefully Match Directors see that a rising tide raises all ships; with the increasing demand for matches, I think all of these matches can coexist and even thrive due to all the new shooters.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's nice to have so many CHOICES for shooting matches this weekend! Like you, I'm closer to Lafayette than I am to Riley, so I'm going there this weekend. Hopefully Match Directors see that a rising tide raises all ships; with the increasing demand for matches, I think all of these matches can coexist and even thrive due to all the new shooters.

Amen! When I first started years ago, IDPA did not exist and steel challenge-type matches were uncommon. Our choices were Deer Creek, Red Brush, and WVPPS for USPSA. WVPPS was 4th Sunday, Deer Creek was 2nd Sunday. I don't recall when Red Brush shot because I only went there once.

Now . . . now you have to choose on a specific day!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I wonder if raising gas prices will impact match attendance? $4.16 per gallon today; makes one stop and think about driving 100 plus miles, round trip, for a match.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    To help reduce the expense a bit I just started eating breakfast at home and packing a lunch.. With extra drinks And it does help. Its not much but every little bit helps

Top Bottom