• ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Steve Synder went to the board and the match is approved

"We will be and have the gate opened by 9:00AM Registration is 9:30 - 10:00. Match starts at 10:00 after a short shooters meeting."

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll be there. One more chance to break 1500 this year. I'll shoot my single stack gun, so it shouldn't have reliability problems like I had the last two times. That means no excuses!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'll be there. One more chance to break 1500 this year. I'll shoot my single stack gun, so it shouldn't have reliability problems like I had the last two times. That means no excuses!

Joe can you please send an eblast out with the info on this
    I am having carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand tomorrow, so I will have to wait and see what is going on after that before I know if I can make it.

But it would be great if we got a lot of people to shoot this since Steve Snyder went to the board there on our request to host this.
    It would also be nice if the people that are familiar with this type of match and have really talked it up would step up and be there to help new shooters thru

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    But it would be great if we got a lot of people to shoot this since Steve Snyder went to the board there on our request to host this.

Where is everyone else who expressed a "yes" to this match? The way I understood it, the only reason this match got the green light is because Steve was approached with a list of 10+ shooters.

This is a great opportunity, folks. Bring your USPSA or IDPA gear and go shoot this.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It would also be nice if the people that are familiar with this type of match and have really talked it up would step up and be there to help new shooters thru

Where is everyone else who expressed a "yes" to this match? The way I understood it, the only reason this match got the green light is because Steve was approached with a list of 10+ shooters.

This is a great opportunity, folks. Bring your USPSA or IDPA gear and go shoot this.

I am also posting this on the BE forums, but if we could get some MD's to send out to their email list that would be great to.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Joe can you please send an eblast out with the info on this
    I am having carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand tomorrow, so I will have to wait and see what is going on after that before I know if I can make it.

Jake: I would, but I don't maintain the email list for WVPPS or ACC anymore. My old copies of those lists were on my old, dead computer. I'll try to tell as many people as I can.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Jake: I would, but I don't maintain the email list for WVPPS or ACC anymore. My old copies of those lists were on my old, dead computer. I'll try to tell as many people as I can.

I think Tony has all the Wildcat info

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A few tips:

• If you shoot a standard capacity auto - bring at least four 12+ round capacity magazines or eight of anything else.
    • If you shoot a single stack auto - bring at least eight mags.
    • If you shoot a revolver - at least 8 moon clips. If you use speed loaders, 8 if you don't have a tray, one if you do. If you don't know what I'm talking about, bring eight of whatever you have.
    • Scoring - this is my method on the paper stages. Your score each others targets.
      • There is always a maximum of 12 hits on paper
      • Count the total hits and multiply by 10 to get your max score.
      • Count all the 5s and subtract 5 for each
      • Count all the 8s and subtract 2 for each
      • That totals your points
      • Then count your Xs.
    Stages

• Barricade - stand as far back as you can. It really helps me to put all of my weight on whatever side I'm shooting on.
    • Plates - use all of the time. There are no extra points for clearing the rack in 3 seconds. Doug Koenig recommends shooting a small pattern in the center of each plate at 10 and 15. Then use that pattern as an aiming point at 20 and 25.
    • Mover - if you've never shot it before, keep it really simple. Divide the target into 1/4s from the center of the X to the outside edge. If you shoot a 40 with 180s, your lead will be dead on those points. 9mm/115s, bias your leads to the inside of the target. 45/230, bias to the outside (your 25 yd lead will be off the target). Do not score your target as you shoot it. Get to your lead point, stay there, and break clean shots.
    • Practical - If you shoot your USPSA rig with a mag holder below your belly button, that's going to make prone (which is only an option, not a requirement) a PITA. Either move the holder or stand and shoot. Again, use all of your time. 7 seconds or one shot on two targets seems like an eternity, but consider that your target is really a 4" circle and it's 50 yds out.
    Any other questions - PM me.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I so want to shoot this match with a wheel gun.

If anybody from the Ft Wayne area wants to car pool, please PM me. We would meet on the parking lot of the Krogers on 24 next to the State Police Post at 0700. I have room for 3 or 4 in my Suburban.

I shoot Highpower at Wildcat frequently, so I know where it is located. We will stop in Delphi for a breakfast feast at McDonalds on the way to the range.

Come on guys/gals, lets go shooting.....

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    So far, no responses. Come on NE Indiana, I am going anyway so why not fill up my Suburban? I have never shot this match, we can learn it together......

Top Bottom