• ...and so much more!
  • scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    So who all is going?!?

New shooters at 10:30, match at 11:00. Of course all are welcome to help set up at 08:00 :).

Carbine side match after - just 19 rounds - if your are good :rockwoot:
    3 strings.

Remember no steel in the bullets.

Hope to see you there!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm in for the regular match, no carbine yet. I just need to buy some .30-30 and bring my lever gun!!!

Sounds good to me! I might just bring my 1894c and run it for fun, along with my AK. Then we would have a "Lever Class.":D

And you are welcome to shoot my AK. It's awesomeness can be found on the thread about the Owensboro Multigun match:laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    You can come and watch, but don't do that, you'll wish you was shooting! If you're shooting a pistol, just bring your handgun, a few mags, around 150 rounds, holster, some type of cover garment to conceal with and $15. If you are a more refined shooter and shoot revolver, do all the same above only with speedloaders.

Also, a glance over the rulebook on the IDPA website will give you an idea of what's going on.

Come on out!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'd love to come, but I've never shot IDPA...what do I need? Also, could I just come to set up and watch to see how it works? ;)

sbcman beat me to it, you can come out by all means but you'll be kicking yourself if you do and don't shoot. Any gun in 9mm or larger caliber, a strong-side holster, 3 mags and 150 rounds of ammo but even if you are sure you'd like to watch first you still need to come out. We've had several people come to watch and actually started scoring matches and helping paste targets. The only down side is that you'll have to wait for another full month before the next IDPA match there at Red Brush.

Just be sure to let us know that you are for sure going to be there and we'll look for you!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    DustyDawg- what do you plan to run this time- M&P9 or 45 or Glock?

HK- I think the hardest thing about IDPA is just going to your first match, but don't worry about it. I've been squaded up with DustyDawg, Scowens, Matt and the MD Scott Hurt and all of them have been glad to answer any question and if you mess up (which you will, we all do, don't worry about that either) they'll take the time to walk you through it so that you understand. They all encourage new shooters to be safe, perform well and enjoy the match.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    DustyDawg- what do you plan to run this time- M&P9 or 45 or Glock?

HK- I think the hardest thing about IDPA is just going to your first match, but don't worry about it. I've been squaded up with DustyDawg, Scowens, Matt and the MD Scott Hurt and all of them have been glad to answer any question and if you mess up (which you will, we all do, don't worry about that either) they'll take the time to walk you through it so that you understand. They all encourage new shooters to be safe, perform well and enjoy the match.

Looks like I'm running my M&P9 for a while; I'm still low on .45 ammo. My wife bought me a new Hornady Lock-N-Load progressive reloading press for our 10th anniversary plus a 9mm shell plate so it was the least I could do to buy myself some new Hornady 9mm dies to load up on it! I may end up finishing out the year with my M&P9 that way it'll give me a chance to stock up on .45 bullets for next year.

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    I will be there. Also have some friends traveling in from Indy & Cincy to attend their first IDPA match. No side matches for us though.

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    I'll be the fat guy with the red beard and probably wearing the blue work jacket. Both of the guys coming down are INGO members too.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'll be the fat guy with the red beard and probably wearing the blue work jacket. Both of the guys coming down are INGO members too.

Good deal man! It will be easy to find us. I'll be the big guy with a revolver. Titanium_Frost will be the guy on the ground with a state trooper's boot in his mouth for OC'ing. Dusty will be the guy with a Cardinal jersey on. And Scowens will be the one facepalming himself while looking at us:D

What are your friend's INGO names?

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    HA! Is the beard the 'red' in redbaron? :) See you there man!

Yep, It is a big part of it.

Good deal man! It will be easy to find us. I'll be the big guy with a revolver. Titanium_Frost will be the guy on the ground with a state trooper's boot in his mouth for OC'ing. Dusty will be the guy with a Cardinal jersey on. And Scowens will be the one facepalming himself while looking at us:D

What are your friend's INGO names?

I've met TF before, and probably everyone you've mentioned and just didn't know it. I usually try to hang with Mudcat and Jr. at the IDPA matches.

Shoot2thrill and TwistedCreations. They are good guys that I've known for several years through competing in rc crawler comps. Kinda funny that we've all migrated now to shooting.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom