Are you going to Friday Night Steel on November 11th?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you coming to FNS on Friday, November 11th?

• Total voters

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, November 11th at 6 pm. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have sign-in from 5:15 pm until 6:00 pm and a shooters meeting immediately afterwards to explain the rules and to form squads. You must be in line by 6:00 pm and you must attend the Shooter's Meeting in order to shoot. If you are late you will not be allowed to shoot. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10 with your first paid entry, if our capacity allows (typically 50 shooters or less).

For more info, please check out our website at:

MCFG Indy Range - Friday Night Steel

FNS is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

You can now purchase Official Friday Night Steel shirts at Café press

http://shop.cafepress.com/friday-night-steel

5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help with setup. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score. Help tear down your stage at the end of the match.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to Chad for volunteering to do scores!

After we did not have a scorekeeper last match and we had problems getting scores formatted correctly, Chad offered to step up and volunteer to do scores. We also updated the score sheets and sign in sheets in order to minimize the data entry to make it easier on our scorekeeper. Thanks to Chad for making the time to help!

Here's the volunteer positions we'll need to fill for this Friday:

Match Director:
    Sign In: Need someone to help sign in, must be on site by about 5:00 pm
    Scorekeeper: Chad
    Range Officers (Need 5 people with experience):
    Assistant Range Officers: No experience needed; great way to work up to RO'ing.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Really a little dissapointed we never got the scores correct from last time. I realize that it is all volunteer and that but it is still frustrating. I feel that I shot my best round and seemed to have finished 28th. Let me know if there is something I can do to help figure out the scores from last week. Thanks.

Also since this is Friday night prior to deer season, I regretfully will not be there.

Last edited:

harokyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Really a little dissapointed we never got the scores correct from last time. I realize that it is all volunteer and that but it is still frustrating. I feel that I shot my best round and seemed to have finished 28th. Let me know if there is something I can do to help figure out the scores from last week. Thanks.

Also since this is Friday night prior to deer season, I regretfully will not be there.
    I think your looking at it wrong the ranks are not really in order you just have to look at your total time and compare it to others in your division.
    I will definatly be attending friday and probobly every fns to come for a while. Its so much fun

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis

When you see geese flying along in "V" formation, you might consider what science has discovered as to why they fly that way:

As each bird flaps its wings, it creates an uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in "V" formation, the whole flock adds at least 71 percent greater flying range than if each bird flew on its own. People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going more quickly and easily because they are traveling on the thrust of one another.

When a goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to go it alone, and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird in front. If we have as much sense as a goose, we will stay in formation with those people who are headed the same way we are. When the head goose gets tired, it rotates back in the wing and another goose flies point.

It is sensible to take turns doing demanding jobs, whether with people or with geese flying south.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm actually hoping to take off work early to make it out this time.

I'm wanting to run my M&P9c, but I only have 4 mags. I hope to get another before Friday though.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    If I can't get off work early enought for one last bow hunt before the guns blast it up I'm going to try and make it for my first steel shoot :-)

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    When you see geese flying along in "V" formation, you might consider what science has discovered as to why they fly that way:

As each bird flaps its wings, it creates an uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in "V" formation, the whole flock adds at least 71 percent greater flying range than if each bird flew on its own. People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going more quickly and easily because they are traveling on the thrust of one another.

When a goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to go it alone, and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird in front. If we have as much sense as a goose, we will stay in formation with those people who are headed the same way we are. When the head goose gets tired, it rotates back in the wing and another goose flies point.

It is sensible to take turns doing demanding jobs, whether with people or with geese flying south.

So yes you would like my help figuring out last week's scores? Ill gladly do it, that's why I offered. No lecture needed nor appreciated.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm actually hoping to take off work early to make it out this time.

I'm wanting to run my M&P9c, but I only have 4 mags. I hope to get another before Friday though.

My god, how many mags do you need to clear one round? :dunno: Oh, I should have paid more attention to who I was replying to. :rolleyes: You should probably bring your shotgun out. :yesway:

:laugh:

Top Bottom