• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    I got invited to go shoot skeet in a couple weeks, but my Remington 870 has a scope mounted on it. The receiver has been drilled and tapped, so even if i swap out my slug barrel, I still have the scope.

If i pull the scope off, can i leave the holes open, or should I just buy another gun, and limit that one to slugs?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Borrow a gun from the buddy who invited you.

To be honest, if your first time shooting skeet is anything like mine, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference WHAT you're shooting, cuz you're not gonna hit **** anyway. :):

I shot with a Beretta AL391... and stunk it up worse than my buddy shooting his beater Mossberg 500.

That said, if you're just looking for an excuse to get a new gun, this is as good as any! You'll want an O/U or a semi-auto for skeet; with a pump, you really have to be on your game for those doubles.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Borrow a gun from the buddy who invited you.

To be honest, if your first time shooting skeet is anything like mine, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference WHAT you're shooting, cuz you're not gonna hit **** anyway. :):

I shot with a Beretta AL391... and stunk it up worse than my buddy shooting his beater Mossberg 500.

That said, if you're just looking for an excuse to get a new gun, this is as good as any! You'll want an O/U or a semi-auto for skeet; with a pump, you really have to be on your game for those doubles.

It will be my first time. He doesn't have an extra gun.

Im always looking for an excuse to buy another one.

CAMO66

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Effingham, IL.
    You can still use his as only one of you will be on the station at a time.
    If you're used to a pump it shouldn't be a big deal. As it's your first time you can shoot all the stations as singles if you think you can't keep up with doubles.
    You're not there to post the best score. Hopefully you're there to have fun. Get the feel of it before you start the gaming.
    Be warned!! It is addicking.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    You can still use his as only one of you will be on the station at a time.
    If you're used to a pump it shouldn't be a big deal. As it's your first time you can shoot all the stations as singles if you think you can't keep up with doubles.
    You're not there to post the best score. Hopefully you're there to have fun. Get the feel of it before you start the gaming.
    Be warned!! It is addicking.
    New word? Or just hoping?

Top Bottom