• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    I know there are several of us who are Cowboy Action Shooters here, and with clubs scatter all over the state, it's hard to keep up with everyone; SO, here's the chance to tell us who you are, where you shoot, etc. etc. To get the 'ball rolling', I'll start:

Cowboy Name: Grizhicks

SASS, NCOWS, other: currently only SASS (#88761), but want to check out an NCOWS posse

regular club: Pine Ridge Regulators (Brazil), but have also shot with Atlanta Cattle Company & Circle 'R' Cowboys

regular catagory: Frontiersman

regular guns: Uberti 1860 Army pistols (cap & ball; .44 cal); Uberti 1866 Winchester in 45 Colt; and a Husqvarna SxS 12 gauge, w/ 'mule ears' (made in 1921) -- all black powder

anything else: just in my 2nd year, only 6 matches so far

Last edited:

Mad Brew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Franklin
    Cowboy Name: Mad Brew (unofficial)

SASS, NCOWS, other: N/A (waiting to find local club before I pony up $)

Regular Club: N/A (looking, from just south of Indy)

Regular Catagory: N/A (total greenhorn)

Guns Available: Uberti 1873 Cattleman Hombre .45LC (searching for good shotgun & lever)

Anything Else: Absolute greenhorn, but I'm a huge Old West aficionado and I'd love to get into the hobby (without needing to drive hours).

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Cowboy Name: Right Shootin' Lefty
    S.A.S.S. # 87262
    Just shot part of last 2 years with Daleville Desperados.
    Did research up at Deer Creek 3 years ago until got my stuff together.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Cowboy Name: Pitmaster

SASS Clubs:
    Cutter's Raiders-Etna Green, River Bend Rangers-Niles, MI, Wolff's Rowdy Rangers-Bristol, IN,

regular catagory: 49'r, Frontier Cartridge

regular guns: Marlin 1894-.357 or .44 mag, Ruger Vaqueros, Winchester 97-circa 1910, Stoeger Coach, Marlin 1895-45-70

Shooting for 4 years, RO II

bigdaddy1427

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Cowboy Name: Big Bad Dad

SASS CLUB: Cutters Raiders at Paradise Pass

Regular Category: Cowboy, 49'r

Regular Guns: Ruger New Model Vaquero, Cimmaron 1873, both in 357/38 spec., Marlin 1894 C and 1894 Cowboy, also a 1873 rifle, all in 357/38 spec., Stoeger 12 Ga. Coach Gun, IAC 1897 Pump.

I just started this in May of last year, SASS 92206. I may try Frontier Cartridge this year.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hello
    I am William O.F. Rights you can call me Bill.
    I am Sass #47371
    I am not a member of a posse hell I have never even shot a match. I am in Fort Wayne and no clubs are close. I have not the time. I am a half time student full time worker and have 4 kids. I have the guns and several costumes but the ammo is expensive. I have recently acquired a reload press from Kempfs. Once my buddy (or anyone) shows me how to reload I will shoot a match. I visited Warsaw along time ago it was Ok. I visited Jonesboro a little over 2 years ago. It was nice but I was about the youngest there. I visited the state shoot last year but was a little out of it due to a severe leg wound I received in the line of work. I visited Daleville this last summer and will not go back. One person a cop was great and but there was one abrasive person and a chain smoker that felt comfortable to just light up in my face there and the costuming was not great. I met a guy local through work that goes to Au glaise in OH but the gun laws suck in Ohio. Long story short I am looking for a club with decent costuming that wants to have fun.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I am a new Cowboy action shooter thanks to my shootin' buddy, bigdaddy1427. I have been to one match where I borowed almost all of my equipment. I will probably do the same at my next match this Sunday.

I don't have much for a "costume" but it is a great deal of fun. I will get the guns long before I worry about "costume".

I don't tolerate surly fellow competitors. :): Haven't met one yet....Maybe because I have several guns on me?

Last edited:

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Hello
    I am in Fort Wayne and no clubs are close. I visited Warsaw along time ago it was Ok.Long story short I am looking for a club with decent costuming that wants to have fun.

Come out to Cutter's Raiders a couple of times and shoot. Shooting makes a match fun. Costuming is pretty good. There are a few guys from Ft. Wayne and maybe you can share rides a couple of times. 1st Sat of the month 12 months a year.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I don't know how I missed this thread!
    Alias: Flush Draw
    club: Paradise Pass Regulators
    Category: cowboy, sometimes gun fighter
    Shoot both SASS and NCOWS
    Pistols/ Ruger Vaqueros, Ruger single six, Rohm .22, 38 S&W break top, Bond derringer
    Rifles/ Cimarron 20" deluxe, Marlin cowboy, Marlin 336, Marlin 39A
    Shotgun/ Stoeger Coach gun

The expensive part of cowboys is the camper!

Shortterm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Mentone
    My alias is Short Term Emory. If ya hang out with me long enough you'll find out why...lol
    Usually shoot Cowboy category, sometimes Wrangler

pistols are Ruger Bisley Vaqueros in .357
    rifle is a Uberi '73
    shotgun is an original Winchester '97 pump gun

Paradise Pass Regulators is my home club. We shoot the 1st Saturday of every month, all year long, no matter the weather. Come on out and have some of the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

Cowboy Action Shooting ROCKS!!!

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Alias Slip Notz
    Club Paradise Pass Regulators
    Class 49r
    SASS Member

If you're looking for a good time shooting and a little competitive action? You need to come to Paradise Pass in Etna Green IN. We have all types of shooters, those that just want to have fun and the competitive shooters. If you don't have the equipment to start, just come and watch and see what you need. If you have some equipment, we'll help out with the rest to get you started. If you're lucky Deuce Stevens one of the best in the world will be there shooting with us. If you have questions contact me, Flush Draw or Short Term. Happy Trails

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Alias: Ace Derringer
    Club: Paradise Pass Regulators, Wabash Regulators
    Category: Gunfighter
    Guns: Uberti 1866, Wincheter 97, 2 SS Ruger Vaqueros

Been playing since 2002... what a blast!!

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I have been shooting cowboy action for over 16 years with my wife, Ricochet Robin.

Cowboy Name: Whip McCord

SASS #13578

My club (I'm RO): Stake County Desert (Knox). Also shoot at NPCCC in Chesterton.

Regular catagory: Gunfighter

Regular guns: 2 Vaqueros and Marlin Cowboy in 45 Colt. Orig. Winchester 1897 (made in 1941), 12 gauge.

Top Bottom