• ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    IDPA Indoor Nationals Match Participant Code of Conduct
    1. I will follow all of the safety rules of IDPA and Smith & Wesson.
    2. I will follow all commands and instructions of the Match Director, Safety Officers, and any official representative of Smith & Wesson.
    3. I have read and will abide by the rules in the current IDPA rulebook.
    4. Prior to and during the match, I will refrain from the use of alcohol, substances, or medications that may negatively impact my ability to participate safely in the match or that may impact the safety of other match participants or bystanders.
    5. I will not communicate with others in a threatening, harassing or abusive manner, and will not engage in the use of off-color remarks and jokes or profanity during the course of my participation in the match. I will not physically touch another person participating in an IDPA event without their consent unless it is necessary to address an immediate safety issue.
    6. I will treat all match participants with respect. I will not participate in any discriminatory actions or behavior against others for any reason, including, but not limited to, their IDPA classification, shooting abilities, race, sex, religion, age, disability or national origin.
    7. I will represent my sport in a professional manner through my behavior and dress, in accordance with the standards established by the Match Director and Smith & Wesson.
    8. I will refrain from disparagement or inappropriate criticism of IDPA or other shooting sports, their officials, and rules of match competition.
    9. I will always be a champion for IDPA and promote IDPA in the best light possible.
    10. I understand that the failure to follow this Code of Conduct or any other commands or instructions of the Match Director, any Safety Officers, or any official representative of Smith & Wesson may result in my disqualification or exclusion from participation in the IDPA Indoor Nationals at the sole discretion of Smith & Wesson, and may also result in the revocation of my IDPA membership.
    SIGNED UNDER THE PAINS AND PENALTIES OF PERJURY THIS ____ day of February, 2014.

Signature: __________________________________
    Printed Name: _______________________________
    Witness: ___________________________________

How serious? Pains and penalties of perjury SERIOUS.

9609d1368648420-pop-off-valve-serious_business_logo.jpg

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    So being fairly new to organized competition, why do you all feel the need to make fun of IDPA? Early on I see positives and negatives to it compared to USPSA.

Most guys that are primarily USPSA or IDPA shooters particpate in both sports (and multigun) and have respect for both organizations. I don't know if it's the OP's intention to bring a bad light on IDPA, although many of his posts go that way. Almost all folks that have been in these games awhile have no desire to disrespect the other. There's differences as to what each sport wants to accomplish and most competitors understand that and even appreciate it.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Ask a Chevy guy what he thinks about a Ford then vice versa, same thing. Or a Marine what he thinks of an Airman. Not necassarily anythung more than playful ribbing. That being said IDPA has alot of rules and reg's, nothing like the freestyle of USPSA's 180 rule most anything else goes. SAFETY FIRST of course, but in USPSA I can put my empty mag where it goes! Which is wherever gravity takes it. See how easily that ribbing can happen.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Ask a Chevy guy what he thinks about a Ford then vice versa, same thing. Or a Marine what he thinks of an Airman. Not necassarily anythung more than playful ribbing. That being said IDPA has alot of rules and reg's, nothing like the freestyle of USPSA's 180 rule most anything else goes. SAFETY FIRST of course, but in USPSA I can put my empty mag where it goes! Which is wherever gravity takes it. See how easily that ribbing can happen.

Watch out. Joyce might come after you for perjury for disparaging the reload rules! :):

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

That of course is all understood. It is present in everything Fender vs. Gibson, my sensei is better than yours, MI vs. ND, whatever. My question was more pointed I guess. It seems many of the best shooters who compete in both prefer USPSA to the point that they feel it is "better". Is it a common consensus that IDPA is the "junior" circuit?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    How serious? Pains and penalties of perjury SERIOUS.
    I will refrain from disparagement or inappropriate criticism of IDPA or other shooting sports, their officials, and rules of match competition.

haha... well, if your rules suck so bad you have to make it a DQ-able offense for criticizing them....

Ask a Chevy guy what he thinks about a Ford then vice versa, same thing.

Hardly ford vs chevy, unless all you consider is both allow you to move around w/ a gun.

In the spirit of the IDPA Indoor Nationals Match Participant Code of Conduct I'll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself....

-rvb
    IDPA from '01-08; no longer a member

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Has any other sport demanded its members sign an Oath of non-criticism about HQ as a condition of participation?

I mean sports outside of Cuba and North Korea anyway.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    When I see a bullethole 1 mm away from its intended target and send a follow up shot, it is excellent tactical awareness followed by expert marksmanship. When you do it, it's round dumping. failure to do right

Top Bottom