• ...and so much more!
  • CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Competitive Practical Pistol League at Atlanta Conservation Club

Mission Statement: Provide an environment which all competitive pistol shooters can practice to become better pistol shooters.

Fee’s: $10.00 for non-ACC members, $5.00 discount for ACC members. Visitors will be required to sign the liability waiver form. All money will be given to the club for equipment rental/use.

Event date: March 22, 2014

Time: 12:00pm-3:00pm

Event Location: Atlanta Conservation Club, Atlanta, Indiana

Event Description:
    Bay 1: Construct a field course which resembles a typical USPSA field course.
    Bay 2: USPSA Classifier and a short fundamentals drill. The drill will be used to isolate a particular pistol shooting skill.

Participants will take turns shooting the stage and drills as much as time allows. Repetition will allow participants to try new techniques and compare outcomes. This will not be an instructional league. Self and peer evaluation will be the learning tools. Formal instruction will be outside the scope of this practice league. Scores will not be maintained or posted for public posting. (The field course, classifier, and drill will be different each event)

Participants Responsibilities: Event participants would be required to help setup/tear down of stages and equipment. If you can’t help, you will not be allowed to participate.

Safety: All USPSA safety guidelines and rules apply, including disqualifications. We will run this just like a match with only one active shooter per bay, under the supervision of an RO.

Last edited:

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Chad...I SHOULD be able to make it. Work is still up in the air, so not a definitet yet. Thanks for putting this together!!!!!

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I encourage you to come out. Practice makes perfect!

Yea practice makes perfect. Hope I get my new holster, mag pouches, and belt before saturday so I can shoot my CZ 97B in Limited 10 instead of 1911 in sinlge stack.
    These type of practices are great for people that do not get a chance to go and set up drills and practice. You ca get a lot accomplished in a short period of time
    Yea I need more chances to run drills and practice. Plus get some tips from other shooters.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    It was a great practice session. I got to learn to shoot gooder and meet some new people. Good stuff all around.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So what did I learn today...

1. Must use both sights for 15 yd plates.
    2. Don't outrun reloads. No point in getting to the next position, if can't shoot anything.
    2a. Production reloads are harder.
    3. Choose stage plans that work to your strengths. Doing something, just because its the status quo, isn't a good idea.

Top Bottom