• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol Club will be hosting our first USPSA match of the season this Saturday, April 5th. This match will be a classifier match consisting of 6 stages. I will try to get stages emailed out tonight to those on my email list. If you would like to be added to the list, send me an email to wvrpc.uspsa@gmail.com

Setup will be on Friday, April 4th at 5:00 pm. Those who show up on Friday to help setup will shoot at a discounted rate. Please email me if you plan on being there on Friday.

Shooter's meeting will be at 9:45 am Saturday morning. We start shooting at 10.

Round count will be around 80-90 rounds.

Match fee is $25.

Email me if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Jonathan RhoadesWVRPC USPSA Chair

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It was kind of weird shootin' the big boy gun from a belt holster without concealment for a change.

I shot one of the stages reasonably well, so it will probably be a low C-class score. HAHAH! The rest? Too many misses, no-shoots, and other errors. This is a bit disturbing because I used to be a lot more accurate with my 1911s. Shouldn't be any different just because I've been shooting the Glocks for a while, but the proof is in the results.

I forget which stage it was, but on one string I shot the first array, then forgot to do the mandatory reload and finish the shooting. I stood there for what seemed like minutes (probably just seconds) until I realized it. Then when I tried to reload, the magazine arrived that the gun upside down. Still not sure how that happened, but another was on the ground so I must have accidentally grabbed two and dropped one.

It was fun, though, and the weather was perfect for shootin'.

​rhino out!

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Have the scores been posted ? If so, can someone advise where or attach the link .

thanks in advance

Whoa...patience.

I was at the INMG series 3gun match yesterday. Didn't get home till around 8. So I haven't touched them yet. It'll probably take me 3 hours to score all those (Final ended up around 60-70 shooters). When I get them done, I'll email them out AND will post them on the WVRPC website.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Whoa...patience.

I was at the INMG series 3gun match yesterday. Didn't get home till around 8. So I haven't touched them yet. It'll probably take me 3 hours to score all those (Final ended up around 60-70 shooters). When I get them done, I'll email them out AND will post them on the WVRPC website.

Being able to see them will probably be bittersweet. Depressing on personal performance but defining areas to improve (all !).

Thanks is for the reply. I know you're getting paid big bucks !

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Being able to see them will probably be bittersweet. Depressing on personal performance but defining areas to improve (all !).

Thanks is for the reply. I know you're getting paid big bucks !

Yea, I racked up about literally 20 hours at the range this weekend (we turn in hours worked to the club) between USPSA setup, USPSA match, USPSA tear down / clean up, 3 gun Setup, 3 gun match, 3 gun tear down and clean up. Needless to say, I came home and crashed. Today after work is going to be busy with some personal stuff. I hope to get started tonight and finished tomorrow, but no guarantees.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I had several people who I thought I could read their handwriting, but their email addresses bounced back. If you shot on Saturday and didn't get the results email, please pm me your email address.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    But your match score was 100%. A Match Win for rhino!
    How's that for a silver lining Jake?

Haha! I see your point. The reality is that I just sucked a little less than the other guys this time.

It was fun to have the Man Gun in my hand again, though. Other than the last match last year plus a test fire preceding it, it's been years since I shot a .45 in a match. It just feels right​ to shoot that gun.

rhino out!

Top Bottom