• ...and so much more!
  • CAMO66

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Effingham, IL.
    Hello all,

This coming Sun. APR 13th we will be having our first match of the year weather permitting.

Now for the mothly match announcement.

This Sunday 04/13/14 Effingham County Sportsman Club USPSA Shooters (EUS) is hosting the first of our monthly matches.

6 stages, 139 rounds
    $20.00 match entry.

We will be doing setup starting at 7:00am Sun. morning before the match.
    The more help we have the faster setup will go.
    All help is appreciated.

Sun.
    7:00 am Setup
    8:15 am Registration starts
    9:45 am Shooters meeting
    10:00 am 1st shots or once stages are setup if later than 10:00 am

Please remember you can only handle your pistol in the safe areas (with no ammo handling) or under direct RO direction.

You do not have to be a member of USPSA or the Effingham County Sportsman Club to shoot the match.

Directions to the club can be found here.

Effingham County Sportsman’s Club
    Or GPS 14295N 1025th St. Effingham
    If you need any help let us know and we'll try to help.

We are looking at doing something different this year with the points system. Instead of paying $25.00 at the beginning of the year and getting a $3.00 discount per match to be in the points.
    Now everyone will pay the $20.00 for match entry as always and EVERYONE will be entered in the points.
    How this will work is, we are going to take $2.00 from every entry and this will be used for the pot at the end of the year.
    Division winner will receive a plaque at the end of the season. Division winners in divisions that have 4 or more shooters who shot five matches will receive $75 cash award at the end of the season. Best six matches count for each shooter. Each shooter will receive points equal to their percentage of the division shooter per match.If we lose any matches due to weather or something unforeseen we will adjust the # of required matches to be eligible

Also, we will be doing the monthly cash payout as last year again. We pay to the 100%, 75%, 50%, and 25% overall shooters from the prior months match but you must be present to win (i.e. you shoot @ 75% overall in April, You have to be at the May match to get the cash).

We are really hoping that our shooter count comes up this year now that ammo is starting to show up more often. So tell your friends and come on out this year

Thanks for your support.

Scott

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [h=2]Sunday, Apr 13[/h]
    Updated: Apr 8, 2014, 6:17pm CDT

Partly cloudy with a stray thunderstorm. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the mid 40s.

[h=3]Day Apr 13[/h]
    37.png
    67°FHigh
    Isolated T-Storms

Chance of Rain:30%Wind:SSW at 16 mphHumidity:79%UV Index:4 - ModerateSunrise:6:20 amMoonrise:6:07 pmMoonphase:Waxing Gibbous

• Collapse Details

[h=3]Night[/h]
    11.png
    45°Low
    Showers

Chance of Rain:30%Wind:SSW at 13 mphHumidity:84%UV Index:0 - LowSunset:7:30 pmMoonset:5:51 amMoonphase:Waxing Gibbous

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Good news is that the moon phase is Waxing Gibbous

This moon phase comes between one and two weeks after new moon.
    Photo Credit: Felipe Miguel

The moon has moved in its orbit so that it’s now relatively far from the sun in our sky. A waxing gibbous moon rises during the hours between noon and sunset. It sets in the wee hours after midnight.
    People sometimes see a waxing gibbous moon in the afternoon, shortly after moonrise, while it’s ascending in the east as the sun is descending in the west. It’s easy to see a waxing gibbous moon in the daytime because, at this phase of the moon, a large fraction of the moon’s day side is facing our way. Thus a waxing gibbous moon is more noticeable in the sky than a crescent moon, with only a slim fraction of the lunar day side visible. Also, a waxing gibbous moon is far from the sun on the sky’s dome, so the sun’s glare isn’t hiding it from view.
    Any moon that appears more than half lighted but less than full is called a gibbous moon. The word gibbous comes from a root word that means hump-backed. You can see the hump-backed shape of the waxing gibbous moon.
    As the moon orbits Earth, it changes phase in an orderly way. Follow these links to understand the various phases of the moon.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It was a fun match and a loud squad. Adam still does not know how to get to the range over there, and makes a mess of it every time. Adam was pretty average on the camera when he remembered to actually video just ask Ed. On the positive side, some really nice stages today. The turn out for this match needs to go up, because those guys are doing good stuff and running a good match. Jan Wright had a couple of nice runs today. Chaney did a pretty average job of ROing, which is a great improvement. I suspect there might be a Cheely built Open gun for sale soon.

CAMO66

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Effingham, IL.
    1st off I want to thank everyone that came out today for our 1st match of the year.
    The setup and teardown went great. The rain held off and the wind stayed pretty comn so no stage problem that I heard about.
    Dave already has the scores up so GREAT JOB DAVE.
    Also, I was asked if the is a place to see overall scores. Here it is.
    IL14 Matches
    I hope everone had a good time and they will bring a friend to the next match with them.

See you all next month.

Scott

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    It was a fun match and a loud squad. Adam still does not know how to get to the range over there, and makes a mess of it every time. Adam was pretty average on the camera when he remembered to actually video just ask Ed. On the positive side, some really nice stages today. The turn out for this match needs to go up, because those guys are doing good stuff and running a good match. Jan Wright had a couple of nice runs today. Chaney did a pretty average job of ROing, which is a great improvement. I suspect there might be a Cheely built Open gun for sale soon.

Only reason Chaney did average is because he laid off the foot faults this time.

I agree, great stages and good times even without video.

I adjusted the sear spring on my Cheely gun as instructed today when I got home with no luck, still hammer follow. So I pulled the firing guts out of my Brazos Limited gun and put in my open gun, guess what... No hammer follow! I wish I could have waited 2 years for Bob to build me a gun. Looks like I will be ordering some parts. At least the slide hasn't cracked again, yet...

Friction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Terre Haute
    I had a good day. A few hours on the range with Coach and Max B highlighting some areas where I was wasting time paid off.

Good on the new shooters that got stuck with our squad. They didn't seem like the constant banter bothered them at all.

Top Bottom