• ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Hey all,

The Fort Wayne USPSA club will be starting its Thursday night practices next week, April 17th. This year we will be holding the practices on the 1st and 3rd Thursday (this is a change from every week like we've done in years past).

You can arrive anytime between 5:30 and 6:30 to sign up and shoot (we'll start shooting about 5:30). We will shoot until approximately 7:30. The cost is $5 per night, or you can sign up for the whole season for $30.

The range will be run according to USPSA safety rules (cold range, use of safe tables, etc). Each session we will set up different shooting drills or portions of stages designed to work on various match or shooting skills.

While this is not a training course or instructional league or actual match, it is a good opportunity for people new to the game to see what USPSA is about, become familiar with how matches are run, try out gear, or ask questions and get tips from our experienced members in a low stress, no-scores environment.

For more information...
    www.facebook.com/fwuspsa
    ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com
    www.fwrr.us

-rvb

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Thanks to everyone who came out tonight; what a turn out!
    It was good seeing so many new faces, and you all did a great job.
    see you next time, on May 1st. If we have the same turn out, we'll run two squads so everyone gets more trigger time.

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    see you next time, on May 1st. If we have the same turn out, we'll run two squads so everyone gets more trigger time.

Reminder! This Thursday: USPSA practice in Fort Wayne.

You can arrive anytime between 5:30 and 6:30 to sign up and shoot (we'll start shooting about 5:30). We will shoot until approximately 7:30. The cost is $5 per night, or you can sign up for the whole season for $30.

For more information...
    www.facebook.com/fwuspsa
    www.fwrr.us
    ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com

-rvb

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Does that web site work?

its flakey. Sometimes yes and sometimes no. We are doing a lot of the communication through the Facebook page and INGO. Soon uspsa.org is going to start hosting websites for clubs and we'll switch to that server so this is just a stopgap.

IF you have questions, feel free to email me at the address above or PM me.

The range address is

15901 Rupert Rd
    Grabill, IN 46741

Map:
    http://www.fwrr.us/images/Local_Map.jpg

-rvb

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    The website issue was either related to a go daddy outage or slow dns propagation ... I recently changed our DNS entry from our website to the Facebook page...

Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    What is the word on the weather?

Just wanna make sure someone will be there.

I know a few members of the club and they shoot really long distance......Don't wanna get sniped trying to sneak in :)

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    What is the word on the weather?

Just wanna make sure someone will be there.

I know a few members of the club and they shoot really long distance......Don't wanna get sniped trying to sneak in :)

It's always sunny on the range. We have occassionally cancelled, but it has to be certain heavy rain. There's like a 20% chance of drizzles tonight. I'll be there.

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Just a reminder that practices are the 1st and 3rd Thursday... iow, NOT tonight. I've gotten a couple of questions about whether we were having practice tonight....

Next practice is June 5th.

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Reminder! This Thursday: USPSA practice in Fort Wayne.

For more information...
    www.facebook.com/fwuspsa
    www.fwrr.us
    ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com

We had a request for accuracy drills. I'm thinking lots of partials, long range mini poppers, near-to-far "throttle" drills... whatever else we can come up with. Clear the cobwebs off those front sights, you're going to need 'em!

-rvb

Top Bottom