• Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Owensboro USPSA shoot this Saturday
    Sign In starts at 9AM and Shoot starts at 10AM with NEW shooters meeting at 9:30.

Weather looks to be perfect.

Remember Owensboro is on slow time.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'd like to make it but I'll be handling an Easter Egg Hunt here at church.

You'll be happy to know that I'm feverishly tracking down a 627:D Took a look at Gary's stages last month and that put me over the edge. Misery in six but looked like A LOT of fun with 8. Monetary issues will likely keep it to a pro-series but I'm looking nonetheless.

Are you going to run 6 or 8 at Owensboro?

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    8 until after the nationals and then who knows.
    The 8 shot has put a lot of weight on the accuracy so it is making me work on that, which I need.

FWIW Gary's stages are usually the most revolver(6 shot) friendly I have seen, you just have to work out the stage breakdown. In all of the stages last month there were only a couple of spots that it was a advantage having 8 rounds VS minor scoring for every shot on all the stages.
    I could always tell when I got home where I had been(Owensboro) as about 1/3 on my clips(6 shot) still had 2 rounds in them. Lots of shoot 4 move and shoot 4.

Good luck on the 627

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    A great match with 78 shooters and some of Gary's and the crews best stages ever. Weather was fair to meddling to.
    Super squad also didn't have to yell for pasters all day.:yesway:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    A great match with 78 shooters and some of Gary's and the crews best stages ever.

That is what I was thinking, besides Gary being very good at design I'm starting to appreciate places that are lucky enough to have deep bays.

I tried the door stage your way, but ran very poorly. Next time.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    That is what I was thinking, besides Gary being very good at design I'm starting to appreciate places that are lucky enough to have deep bays.

I tried the door stage your way, but ran very poorly. Next time.

Yeah there were some long shots yesterday a pretty tough match I thought.

Just about everyone on our squad ran the door stage different. One person ran it like you originally said and several others opened door and left to shoot and then returned to the door to finish the stage.
    I shot like I told you and shot 2 targets thru the door and 2 pieces of steel from door way and then worked counter clockwise thru the stage and shot the other 2 pieces of steel as I was moving up to window for last 2 paper targets. I didn't even have to go to the small window to engage the steel.:):

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Just peeked at the scores and I'm confused. I thought 8 minor was suppose to blow revo wide open:D

Jeff- really nice finish my friend, good job:yesway:

Thanks!
    Every time you are on the brink of finding a cheaper and less frustrating hobby, the sport shows you a brief glimmer of sunlight.
    Will probably get DQ'd at Rockcastle Saturday to get things back to even keel.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Just peeked at the scores and I'm confused. I thought 8 minor was suppose to blow revo wide open:D

Jeff- really nice finish my friend, good job:yesway:

TJ surely you didn't drink the:koolaid:.:rofl::rofl:
    No new revo shooters at the local matches and less than before at the majors, at least in this area. "so far:rolleyes:)

Yes Jeff nice job:yesway: see you at Rockcastle Saturday

Top Bottom