Why do CZs seem to rule USPSA Production matches?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Cuz they are made in Turkey like my shotgun I have for sale! Now someone, buy it!

Kidding aside, one day I shot all of my nephew's pistols along with my M&P. He has High-Powers, XD's, XM's. 1911's. and a Sig. He also has a couple CZ's. His SP-01 Shadow with quite a bit of extra work was the best shooting pistol of the bunch. I was ready to sell my M&P and buy one. Then he told me it would cost around $1200 to get one like his.

Not sure why they do so well, but I really do like shooting them.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I thought single action would get you killed in the streets because the trigger was too light.

Especially if you've trained your muscle memory on a heavy DA pull.

Only Glocks are suitable for serious defensive use.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Double action will get killed in the streets. Because muscle memory and hicks law.

Why I don't know, but I took the time to Google "hick's law." What I discovered was that it took some idiot over a page to state what some other overly educated idiot concluded after decades of research and tons of empirical data using a lot of fancy confusing equations. From what I could gather the more options you have to choose from the longer it will take to choose or to come to a conclusion. What the number of items on a menu had to do with it I'm not entirely sure and I never did figure out what a "command" menu item is. Seems similar to a lengthy treatise about why kids fall off of tricycles I suppose.

If anyone feels a need to try to educate me further on this subject please resist.:D:D

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Many very experienced people on INGO taught me those things. And Hick's law is science. You can't argue with science. Especially science endorsed by James Yeager.

Perhaps you should throw a little video together explaining this. Go borrow a small shirt from a neighbor kid and put together a little jewel like being a surgeon with a blue gun.

Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway
    He also has a couple CZ's. His SP-01 Shadow with quite a bit of extra work was the best shooting pistol of the bunch. I was ready to sell my M&P and buy one. Then he told me it would cost around $1200 to get one like his.

Not exactly a "Production" gun anymore is it? (I know, internal modifications are allowed)

Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway
    Double action will get killed in the streets. Because muscle memory and hicks law.

Wouldn't this be more of an issue with external safeties, rather than striker-fired vs. DA?
    (assuming the DA is not as bad as something like the S&W Bodyguard)

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    I thought they cost so much because all CZ's come with a written guarantee to make you a master class shooter?

I put it down as one of the things I want for Christmas, but unfortunately I'm still on the naughty list...

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I thought they cost so much because all CZ's come with a written guarantee to make you a master class shooter?

I put it down as one of the things I want for Christmas, but unfortunately I'm still on the naughty list...

Only Tanfos have that guarantee. CZs are only good for A class.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    All kidding aside, it's simple:

Heavy steel guns with good triggers are easier to shoot quickly and accurately than light plastic guns with crappy triggers.

Top Bottom