• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Marion County Fish and Game's Bowling Pin match will be this Saturday, March 28th at 1 PM. Setup will begin at Noon and we would appreciate the help of a few volunteers. The Safety Meeting (required for new shooters) will be at 12:45 PM to explain the rules. At 1:00 PM, we will begin shooting.

If the weather is too cold we may shoot Texas Stars instead of bowling pins. So if in doubt, come prepared to shoot both. REMINDER: Bring work gloves for resetting targets. The steel plates are cold and often get muddy.

If there is severe weather, the match may need to be canceled. I will try to send an e-mail and post an announcement in the Shooting Sports section of www.ingunowners.com by 11:00 AM if it is obvious the weather isn’t going to cooperate.

The cost is $3 per bracket for club members and $4 per bracket for non-members. All money goes toward the club and/or making the competition better. Youth (under the age of 18) shoot free with a paid adult.

Bowling Pins/Texas Star Shooting is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of a range officer (RO), or at the designated "safe table". Violation of this or any other safety rule shall result in a match disqualification.

If you have any questions about the match, please read the rules posted at: MCFG - Indy Range Official Website - Shotgun, Pistol, Shooting Range (look under "Programs and Events" > "Bowling Pins") If you are unable to find an answer posted in the rules, please feel free to e-mail me.

If you are willing to help as an RO or help keep score, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you can make it Saturday.

~John

BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    If you should decide to do stars before then, will you post it here? With a 9mm, I'm more about stars than pins. Had a blast at the last star match.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you should decide to do stars before then, will you post it here? With a 9mm, I'm more about stars than pins. Had a blast at the last star match.

A decision won't be made for sure till Don and I show up the day of the match. However, if the forecast high of 39 F proves reasonably close to the weather we actually have, we'll be shooting TX Stars this month.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Well, with a bum knee and pain running down my leg, There were to many people to shoot Texas Star.
    Maybe next month it will be warm enough to shoot pins.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Just curious, but how's todays turnout compare to pins? More or less?

I've only shot this match twice and never shot pins.

edit: I don't know if Wally is on here? His model 929 was looking pretty sweet today and had a few questions. Thanks!

Last edited:

atcspilot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    It was a GREAT match put on by John and Don.
    Good turn out for a chilly day.
    Thanks again for your efforts.
    Larry

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just curious, but how's todays turnout compare to pins? More or less?

Saturday was an above average turn out even compared to a month when we shoot pins. Shooting TX Stars goes a lot slower than bowling pins because only 2 people can shoot at a time compared to 4 at a time with Bowling Pins.

Top Bottom