• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Just finished listening to the interview. Based on his background in finances and what he says, I think Subur would do a good job.
    I have been leaning towards voting for Mike Foley. It will be interesting to listen to his interview also.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Jack wants to change to turtle target's for public image?
    The forums and shooters went crazy when they dropped 19 classifiers when the revolver rules changed.
    Switching to turtle targets will knock out 95% of them.
    Jack hasn't thought this through.
    Sticking with Mike Foley.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Agreed that's enough to vote against Suber. Nothing wrong with the targets, it's the principle of caving to the anti's

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I don't like the idea of being forced to use turtles at level 2 matches and up. I don't mind a stage or two with them but all the time and for corporate sponsorship, nah.
    The stuff he talked about earlier was interesting and his previous work experience would benefit the organization greatly.
    I haven't made any decisions and I wish all the candidates would do something like this. If not the practicle pistol show then do it with someone else.
    I just linked to it in case some of the folks here didn't know it was available.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think he had a couple of good points. For example, the organization needs to be run in a more professional and businesslike manner. This mom and pop shop mentality needs to change.

I hate the whole turtle target idea. Not sure that I want to advertisers and sponsors involved in our sport that make demands on us to change. If they want in great and if not great, but not changing to get them.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    I think he had a couple of good points. For example, the organization needs to be run in a more professional and businesslike manner. This mom and pop shop mentality needs to change.

I hate the whole turtle target idea. Not sure that I want to advertisers and sponsors involved in our sport that make demands on us to change. If they want in great and if not great, but not changing to get them.

I agree with a lot of that. His business background and plans were fairly impressive. The way USPSA is currently ran is a joke.

I don't really care about turtles, I think most people deep down don't like them bc they're "harder". But I wouldn't want the reason for the change to be corporate sponsors.

To me, the most interesting topic was Elected President vs. CEO.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I didn't listen to the podcast but I think most people will hate the change to turtle targets almost as much as the reason for changing to them. I don't know Jack at all but I do know Mike Foley and hes the best candidate we could ever hope for.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I don't really care about turtles, I think most people deep down don't like them bc they're "harder". But I wouldn't want the reason for the change to be corporate sponsors.

Reviewing the target shape is an interesting concept outside of political considerations and beyond just using the turtle as a fall back.

If you abandon the hurt maim kill stuff and just look for something better (reduced luck factor/more accurate accuracy measurement, cheaper to make, more robust in rain, zone areas sized per best expertise recommendations) it seems like there is an opportunity to do a good thing.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The ironic part is, if you invert the turtle target, it approximates human vitals of the torso better than the IPSC Metric Target.

I'm for switvhing to turtle targets . . . if they are always upside down and have a falling plate centered above them. Heh.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Reviewing the target shape is an interesting concept outside of political considerations and beyond just using the turtle as a fall back.

If you abandon the hurt maim kill stuff and just look for something better (reduced luck factor/more accurate accuracy measurement, cheaper to make, more robust in rain, zone areas sized per best expertise recommendations) it seems like there is an opportunity to do a good thing.

Just make Alphas worth 7 points and leave everything else alone.

Top Bottom