• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I love the idea of low light shooting, BUT personally (just my two cents here) I'd like to work on shooting with night sights. Have you given any thought to low level backlighting the silhouettes and adding an additional category for night sights (no flashlight). There are a lot of manufacturers now that are selling their weapons with night sights and it's a little more "realistic" as training for carry. As I said, just my two cents...:):

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I love the idea of low light shooting, BUT personally (just my two cents here) I'd like to work on shooting with night sights. Have you given any thought to low level backlighting the silhouettes and adding an additional category for night sights (no flashlight). There are a lot of manufacturers now that are selling their weapons with night sights and it's a little more "realistic" as training for carry. As I said, just my two cents...:):

More realistic because crime and criminal attacks do not happen in conditions where a flashlight is necessary?

Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Sorry, should have said more realistic for me. I don't carry a flashlight everywhere I go ecept for a little utility one on my keychain. I do carry a weapon almost all the time and doubt very much that I'd be able to get that little light out and end up with it being useful. That's why I put night sights on. I've got a SureFire that I grab when I can't find the horses, and suppose I can bring it

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Sorry, should have said more realistic for me. I don't carry a flashlight everywhere I go ecept for a little utility one on my keychain. I do carry a weapon almost all the time and doubt very much that I'd be able to get that little light out and end up with it being useful. That's why I put night sights on. I've got a SureFire that I grab when I can't find the horses, and suppose I can bring it

The low light shoot will likely teach folks about low light and dark conditions. If you have not shot in the low light or dark it changes things. If you carry a gun a light is real good idea. Being able to identify a threat is a necessity in order to justify shooting. A hand held light pretty much means strong hand shooting and how many people practice that?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm sorry I asked

Dont be Barry. Its how we learn. I carry one of these EVERYWHERE, clipped to my pocket like most guys carry a folder. Its not a 600 Lumen Sure Fire, but its better than nothing and small enough I dont have the excuse not to carry it. (its literally the size of 1 1/2 AA batteries.

FRYS.com*|*Coast Cutlery

If I wasnt going to see Coach the following weekend, I would be there. (Too much time away from the family) I am interested to put my little light to the test.

ETA: I may at least ask for a kitchen pass if my work schedule isnt too crazy between now and then.

Last edited:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Exactly! Always something new to learn.
    I'm tempted to ask to come watch, simply to evaluate flashlights. Because I don't have have one. Hoping this class continues so I can take it in the future when I do get one.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Exactly! Always something new to learn.
    I'm tempted to ask to come watch, simply to evaluate flashlights. Because I don't have have one. Hoping this class continues so I can take it in the future when I do get one.

This topic is about a competition, not an instructional class.

Top Bottom