• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I did my left eye 6 weeks ago. My right eye yesterday. I have been 20/20 or better all my life. It started clouding up a few years ago and totally screwed up my service rifle shooting and my quest for the Distinguished Riflemans badge. I have 18 points since forever.

Sitting in my basement today, the front sight of my AR service rifle has never been so clear. I am now 20/10.

I am very excited......

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Did they go in with the intent to correct vision (while they are there) in addition to cataract surgery or was that just a nice little bonus?

If I ever get two nickels to rub together I'm dying to get rid of my glasses via eye surgery.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The whole idea of cataract surgery is to correct and clear vision. The laser guided lets the Doc select the exact lens to restore clarity. It cost an extra $1800 per eye. Totally worth it. A 10 minute procedure. As the patient, I just had to focus on a red dot for 10 minutes while he did his magic.

Cataracts are nothing more than dead cells that build up behind the natural lens. He removes that lens and inserts an artificial lens. Once per lifetime procedure, although if it clouds up, they can do a Lasik procedure to clear it up. Part of the extra cost.

My astigmatism is now totally gone. In the past, red dot sights were useless to me because I never had a dot. I had two or three smeared together. Plus wings spreading out. I am certain that it was happening with iron sights too. It would explain those off call 7's on the NRA target.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom