• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Another year and another safe and interesting match is over and the scores in the book. I have a lot of fond memories of shooting with good friends and seeing people that I only get to see once or twice a year. And as what seems to be normal; shooting in the rain. I don't have a camera to record myself like so many of today's competitors but always like to see the videos of the match. I have been looking on you tube and cannot find anything. Does anyone have a link to find some of the videos? Thanks much, Jim.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Another year and another safe and interesting match is over and the scores in the book. I have a lot of fond memories of shooting with good friends and seeing people that I only get to see once or twice a year. And as what seems to be normal; shooting in the rain. I don't have a camera to record myself like so many of today's competitors but always like to see the videos of the match. I have been looking on you tube and cannot find anything. Does anyone have a link to find some of the videos? Thanks much, Jim.

Hey, Cousin Jim!

I was at Wildcat shooting the USPSA match on Saturday, so I also got to shoot in a little bit of rain. The next time you shoot, ask one of the others to take video of you with their camera or phone. I think most people would be glad to do it for you.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I don't want video of myself, I would rather have video of someone who shoots better than me. This year that wouldn't be hard to find, I shot terrible. J

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    Hey Jim. You did a fine job SOing Saturday. I had a great time shooting and even got 2nd in my division. Mike and Larry did a great job with the match, and you and the other stage designers made some real fun shooting for us. This was my first State Championship that I competed in. Were you the SO that DQed my Dad? I was thinking it was. I'm not angry or anything, just couldn't remember. I have made some great friends over the last 2 years shooting IDPA. I only wish I had found it sooner. -Jason

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Hey Jim. You did a fine job SOing Saturday. I had a great time shooting and even got 2nd in my division. Mike and Larry did a great job with the match, and you and the other stage designers made some real fun shooting for us. This was my first State Championship that I competed in. Were you the SO that DQed my Dad? I was thinking it was. I'm not angry or anything, just couldn't remember. I have made some great friends over the last 2 years shooting IDPA. I only wish I had found it sooner. -Jason

It was me. He just turned his muzzle past the 180 so quick I couldn't warn him that he was getting close. I always hate to do that but it is a call that has to be made when it happens. Your Dad was a class act, when I called it he realised what he did and understood why. It has happened to me twice; a 180 and a dropped gun, I learned from both. Hope to see you and your Dad again soon, but not at WVRPC this Saturday, family commitments. Jim.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    IDPA has a 180 rule now?
    . Yes and no. the rule book specifies "muzzle safe points" must be established and called out in the COF. They may be either the180 rule or something like traffic cones. Most times the rule by the "host range" will be the 180 rule, this is what I have seen probably 95o/o of the time. Jim.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    well, that's somewhat better than it used to be. that it has to be in the WSB sucks...
    what if it's not in the WSB ?
    muzzle safe points have always been lame. too hard to orient yourself to it as an SO in real time.... saw very few violations given and even fewer not over-turned by MDs (saw many violations though that went ignored, incl @ nationals).
    -rvb

Top Bottom