• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Now that PCC is a Provisional Division will all USPSA Clubs allow this Division or is it up to the club to decide? Another way of asking: I want to shoot PCC is it safe to assume any USPSA match will have this Division?

7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    Now that PCC is a Provisional Division will all USPSA Clubs allow this Division or is it up to the club to decide? Another way of asking: I want to shoot PCC is it safe to assume any USPSA match will have this Division?

It will be dependent on the club. Some clubs will not allow centerfire rifles on their bays so that makes PCC not possible. My guess is that any club that can shoot rifles will offer it as a division, but there will be a lot that simply arent allowed to shoot them per club policy.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    You can shoot PCC at Parabellum's indoor match. (will need a chamber flag)

You can shoot PCC in one flight and another division in a second flight.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    My guess is that any club that can shoot rifles will offer it as a division,

Maybe eventually and where allowed by club regulations, it is a divisive topic for now but perhaps the status will change from provisional and the nay sayers will mellow.

For the meantime, I tend to think of it as 'politically correct carbine' :) .

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Of the 57 people in the match I shot last weekend, 5 shot PCC. There was some talk from stage planners complaining of having to modify stages to fit them. Don't know enough about it to comment on that.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Of the 57 people in the match I shot last weekend, 5 shot PCC. There was some talk from stage planners complaining of having to modify stages to fit them. Don't know enough about it to comment on that.

So I get to feel like the guy shooting a $400 semiauto shotgun next to the old coot shooting a $15K O/U. OK I'm an old coot but don't have a $15K gun.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Matt might chime in differerently, but I don't think WVPPS done much stage modification other than an occasional lower start dot for the muzzle on the "hands on marks" starts?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Warsaw will allow it next year.

:yesway:

I would check with the match before going and ask
    I would also ask if there are any special requirements, like has to be in a bag except at the line, chamber flag etc

this.
    (and hopefully once this division goes from provisional to regular division status, the rules get cleaned up to not give room for local rules)

at FW it's been among the more popular divisions, about tied [in participation numbers] w. Lim and prod. Of course, we are a smaller club, so data may be skewed..

So I get to feel like the guy shooting a $400 semiauto shotgun next to the old coot shooting a $15K O/U. OK I'm an old coot but don't have a $15K gun.

i don't have any idea what this means in relation to this thread...

Matt might chime in differerently, but I don't think WVPPS done much stage modification other than an occasional lower start dot for the muzzle on the "hands on marks" starts?

Same at FW. One of our designers was asking about using a prop that requires you to pull/hold a rope to open a port and whether he could include it now. Go for it I said. The PCC guys will have to figure it out. It can be done. If not, they eat the mikes and FTEs. I say that as a guy who's shooting some PCC.

-rvb

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    at FW it's been among the more popular divisions, about tied w. Lim and prod. Of course, we are a smaller club, so data may be skewed..

-rvb

The shooters who used them finished well. Two in the top five and all in the top 13. I am guessing these are people who were already good shooters.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    in my limited testing i can usually shoot the carbine a little faster than my open gun. a lot of that depends on target placement. they are using the open hit factors for pcc and that seems about right.

all that said, i have yet to see a new person competing because of pcc. 3 of us shot WVPPS sunday and gave up our normal div. to shoot pcc. it is fun and its not the end of the sport as we know it!

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    The shooters who used them finished well. Two in the top five and all in the top 13. I am guessing these are people who were already good shooters.

On a lot of close stages, I would rather have a pistol. The PCC really shines 15 yds and out. No reloads and a red dot make it easier to get to the top but yes, most of those shooters are there with pistols as well.

And as RVB said, I don't see any stage differences at Ft. Wayne. They have the same tough leans and tight shots. I have shot their walls a few times due to them. (Sorry about that :whistle:)

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    in my limited testing i can usually shoot the carbine a little faster than my open gun. a lot of that depends on target placement. they are using the open hit factors for pcc and that seems about right.

all that said, i have yet to see a new person competing because of pcc. 3 of us shot WVPPS sunday and gave up our normal div. to shoot pcc. it is fun and its not the end of the sport as we know it!

Well soon as a find a match there will be 1 at least. Big reason is that I already have the equipment on hand. I thought about it for several years but due to my eye sight issues shooting iron sights is a none starter. I looked at open guns but the entry cost was a bit too high for my budget. Being able to shoot with a reddot is very appealing to me.

Top Bottom