.22 rimfire rifle events, any out there?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I've been reading this thread for months and never see anything about rimfire rifle, with the exception of the rimfire action matches at Riley. Does anyone hold slow fire events for 22 rimfire? I read in the long gun threads about guys shooting 150-200 yards, but not anything organized. I shoot a little rifle silhouette at Danville, and pistol/rifle silhouette at Riley.

Went to a centerfire varmint match in Nevada and had a blast. Multiple steel targets ranging from 200-500 meters, and had to shoot 5 different targets at 3 different distances with a 2 minute time limit. Bolt guns ruled of course. I'd like to use the same format and scale it to shoot rimfire here out to 150 meters, any interest in that??

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Hey don't take this the wrong way, maybe the reason for lack of response is that, for those older members, we've seen people post greats idea that never come to fruition. If you want to run this event than pick a date and place and announce it. Yes you run the chance of nobody showing up, but at least you have your answer. I know if you set this up depending the date I will have at least myself and 2 or 3 other shooters. I also have access to Silhouette targets I can loan you for the event.

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    I would like to thank hawkeye7br for the time that he has spent helping the younger
    generation with the shooting sports. My son shot one of rich's matches at Riley about 5 years
    ago and has been hooked ever since. So thanks again Rich for costing me about
    60k rounds a year. :)
    sincerely Brian

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Thanks Brian! Collin has set the example on how to learn the sport! I hope to set up something that will appeal to the long range accuracy buffs, but add a time element that makes you work a bit. Don't know if we could get your boy to shoot that slow :): but the one target/one shot might be a challenge twist.

Top Bottom