• ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Match Start Time - 1:00 PM Start Time

Marion County Fish and Game's Texas Star Match will be this Saturday, December 17th at 1 PM. Setup will begin at 12:15 PM and we would appreciate the help of a few volunteers. The Safety Meeting (required for new shooters) will be at 12:45 PM to explain the rules. At 1:00 PM, we will begin shooting.

REMINDER: Bring work gloves for resetting targets. The steel plates are cold and often get muddy.

If there is severe weather, the match may need to be canceled. I will try to send an e-mail and post an announcement in the Shooting Sports section of www.ingunowners.com by 11:00 AM if it is obvious the weather isn’t going to cooperate.

The cost is $3 per bracket for club members and $4 per bracket for non-members. All money goes toward the club and/or making the competition better. Youth (under the age of 18) shoot free with a paid adult.

Texas Star Shooting is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of a range officer (RO), or at the designated "safe table". Violation of this or any other safety rule shall result in a match disqualification.

If you have any questions about the match, please read the rules posted at: MCFG - Indy Range Official Website - Shotgun, Pistol, Shooting Range (look under "Programs and Events" > "Bowling Pins") If you are unable to find an answer posted in the rules, please feel free to e-mail me.

If you are willing to help as an RO or help keep score, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you can make it Saturday.

~John

BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    6:00 weather forcast on Wednesday evening says heavy rain on Saturday.
    Weather is volital this time of year, maybe the rain will move through sooner.

MikeBrennan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Indiana
    I cannot get the website to launch....

Is this similar to FNS in that it's open to anyone? Different classes based on firearm? Running head to head against others?

MikeBrennan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Indiana
    Thanks.

If I get out of work early enough I am going to stop by...even if I miss the start might stop by to watch.

It sounds like some good stuff.

Looks like I can get into the website now! I'll read the info there. Thanks

Last edited:

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Thanks.

If I get out of work early enough I am going to stop by...even if I miss the start might stop by to watch.

It sounds like some good stuff.

Looks like I can get into the website now! I'll read the info there. Thanks

its double elimination brackets. You can show up whenever and jump in.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Mike,

Although our texas star match is similar to FNS as we are using the steel texas star, the format is quite different.
    Its a modified single elimination bracket in that the second place shooters in the first round go into a second chance bracket.
    So, everyone gets to shoot at least twice per bracket.
    We usually shoot 2 or 3 brackets, sometimes more if the turnout allows.
    Two Texas Stars are set up with overlapping poppers in between,
    Two shooters come to the line and ON COMMAND shoot their star ending with the popper.
    The winner's popper is the one that falls first (after all the plates are off the star)
    There are no classes. You can load up to 8 rounds.
    Hope this helps.

Bruce

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Longbeard,

Its not a true double elimination bracket.
    Only in the first round, after that its single elimination.
    And we prefer new shooters to attend the safety meeting at the begining of the match.
    Might be mandatory, John will know.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Longbeard,

Its not a true double elimination bracket.
    Only in the first round, after that its single elimination.
    And we prefer new shooters to attend the safety meeting at the begining of the match.
    Might be mandatory, John will know.

I spoke out of turn. Sorry. Ignore what I said lol.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    longbeard,
    no worries, have a great time at the match, hopefully the rain will stop for you guys

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    2 hours prior to match... Roads coming up from south of Indy seemed to be ok. However, I'm hearing that roads North of the range are not good. You have been advised. If in doubt, stay home.

Top Bottom