Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Might need an edit.
    "Sunday February 12, 2017" in heading.
    "Sunday November 27, 2016" in body.

I see that the Nov match was a prior match but it confused me for a bit ( so it might confuse others).

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We have had that be done in the past. It does complicate things a bit.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Well once I get the shekels I think I will sign up for these

What is the difference with a "Special Classifier" from a normal shoot

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Six classifier stages in a special classifier so it would get you your first classification in one match.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Some people wrap their ego completely around their classification. So it apparently does a lot for them. Other people don't care at all. In USPSA the classification ranks shooters based on their ability to shoot, reload, draw and transition between targets. Classifiers are carefully measured out and set up the same all over the country. (in theory) so that we can compare all of the shooters in a given division. Grandmaster down through D class.

Details can be found at www.uspsa.org

Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway
    Forgive my ignorance, what is a classifier stage and what does classification do for me?

You have to be a USPSA member to get a classification. It is a method of measuring and tracking your skill level based on standardized stages. At major matches, it is used liked the handicap system in golf to group shooters in each Division by skill level for awarding trophies to the top finishers. So, you can win a trophy for finishing first among the D-Class shooters in your Division, even though you may finish 100th out of 125 shooters.

From the USPSA Rules:

Classifiers – Courses of fire published by USPSA, which are available to competitors seeking a National classification. Classifiers must be set-up in accordance with these rules and be conducted strictly in accordance with the notes and diagrams accompanying them. Your percentage is based on your scores as they relate to the high score on file for a particular course of fire. To receive an initial classification, a member needs to have at least four unduplicated scores in the USPSA classification database prior to the weekly reclassification procedure.

[FONT=&quot]Grand Master 95 to 100% [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Master 85 to 94.9% [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A Class 75 to 84.9% [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]B Class 60 to 74.9% [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]C Class 40 to 59.9% [/FONT]

D Class Below 40%

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Forgive my ignorance, what is a classifier stage and what does classification do for me?

The classifiers biggest benefit to me is that it is a yardstick of your skills. It lets you know what your skill level is and if your skills are improving. It also allows you to compete with other people in your classification. I find that, if you ask, people in the higher classifications are always willing to help you sharpen your skills by offering their advise on how you can improve.

Top Bottom