• EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Is there a website with rules? Sounds like alot of fun

I googled and found rules on steelchallenge.com

I've never been but the rules seem fairly clear, and it does sound like a lot of fun. I don't know if I would feel comfortable competing tomorrow, (relatively new shooter) but I may go just to check it out.

johns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2014
    new albany
    Steel match is a great introduction to the shooting sports it's how I got started , it works on the fundamentals, learn range commands ,and a lot more fun than shooting at a piece of paper , you will also meet great people who will help you through your first match.

colt22man

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Steel match is a great introduction to the shooting sports it's how I got started , it works on the fundamentals, learn range commands ,and a lot more fun than shooting at a piece of paper , you will also meet great people who will help you through your first match.

Johns is right. We'll squad you with friendly experienced shooters. Show up @ 8:30 we'll walk you thru fundamentals as stages are setup. Brief you on range commands and answer questions. You'll enjoy the experience and discover a very rewarding shooting sport that makes you smile every time you think about shooting steel.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Johns is right. We'll squad you with friendly experienced shooters. Show up @ 8:30 we'll walk you thru fundamentals as stages are setup. Brief you on range commands and answer questions. You'll enjoy the experience and discover a very rewarding shooting sport that makes you smile every time you think about shooting steel.

Except for shooting a centerfire rifle on steel at 200 or more yards...it's even more fun than a steel match.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison

Looks like perfect weather today, too. I'm already here and looking forward to meeting and getting to know more of the shooters from the area. ( black beanie and black denim jacket )

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Had a great time here, even though I had to leave after the first relay. it was great to meet everyone from SCCC, and I will definitely be watching for the next steel match!

Thanks for a fantastic shooting experience!

johns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2014
    new albany
    Thanks to everyone that came out today ,special thanks to Dan and Dave for all the help hopefully we can have a Saturday this nice in February hope everyone had fun

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Thanks to John, Dave and Dan all that helped put on this match.
    Great to be out and shooting again and seeing friends.
    Fun to blow off the cobwebs and pull the trigger again(been first of December since I shot).
    Weather was awesome for 3rd weekend in January.:yesway:
    Lots of new faces and a good crowd.
    Great day!!!

Top Bottom