• ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    BOD just put out minutes from Shot show meeting and it looks like Carry Optics can now(2/1/2017) load up their mags. Actually it if I read it right CO can use 140 length mags.

7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    I personally think this is a good change. (Full disclosure: I don't have any plans to shoot it, but this makes CO more appealing as an option to me) Production is cool as it is, and is a different game than the high cap divisions, but CO with the same gear and capacity seems like it's nothing new and would not really interest me. Adding capacity changes the dynamic a bit, while keeping gun mods minimal and minor scoring stop it way short of open lite- or so I think.

Oh oh and I'd put my money on Alex Gutt beating 80% of limited shooters with current production rules and 10 round mags - he's incredible.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    BOD just put out minutes from Shot show meeting and it looks like Carry Optics can now(2/1/2017) load up their mags. Actually it if I read it right CO can use 140 length mags.

It was my understanding we could already use the 140 mags and even weight them if under the total limit, just not load mags up. I am happy to see the change. Of course now that I am shooting single stack as well, it is ironic.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A good change that makes since. All we needed was a President from Kentucky. There is no stopping us now.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Glad the BOD is listening to members. Should help carry optics grow. Originally it was just a bad spin off of production destined to be similar to L10. With high cap and minor scoring, its now unique, demanding some accuracy but not requiring a belt full of mags. Should be fun. Only disadvantage is the few .40 guns out there are now a little less competitive but 20/21 rounds vs 23/24 is not that big of a difference.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    or single action triggers
    or magwells
    or guns over 45 oz
    or extended mag releases
    or extended slide stops
    or slide ligthening
    or frame mounted optics
    or race holsters

Hmmm . . . it just occurred to me that to make this "carry" optics, they should also allow a weapon-mounted light and bump-up the allowed weight to accommodated them.

I'm dreaming, here. I'm happy about standard capacity magazines being allowed now. When I finally get a gun with a dot on it, I'll probably shoot this division (without the light).
    Or just shoot in Open with the light mounted.

Top Bottom