• ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Match Start Time - 1:00 PM Start Time

Marion County Fish and Game's Texas Star Match will be this Saturday, February 25th at 1 PM. Setup will begin at 12:15 PM and we would appreciate the help of a few volunteers. The Safety Meeting (required for new shooters) will be at 12:45 PM to explain the rules. At 1:00 PM, we will begin shooting.

REMINDER: Bring work gloves for resetting targets. The steel plates are cold and often get muddy.

If there is severe weather, the match may need to be canceled. I will try to send an e-mail and post an announcement in the Shooting Sports section of www.ingunowners.com by 11:00 AM if it is obvious the weather isn’t going to cooperate.

The cost is $3 per bracket for club members and $4 per bracket for non-members. All money goes toward the club and/or making the competition better. Youth (under the age of 18) shoot free with a paid adult.

Texas Star Shooting is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of a range officer (RO), or at the designated "safe table". Violation of this or any other safety rule shall result in a match disqualification.

If you have any questions about the match, please read the rules posted at: MCFG - Indy Range Official Website - Shotgun, Pistol, Shooting Range (look under "Programs and Events" > "Bowling Pins") If you are unable to find an answer posted in the rules, please feel free to e-mail me.

If you are willing to help as an RO or help keep score, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you can make it Saturday.

~John

BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    It would take a little extra work on the part of the RO to check clear so if not desirable I certainly understand but would you consider allowing Single Action revolvers to compete (Colt Peacemaker, Ruger Blackhawk style guns)? Could slow things marginally but not much at all. Atlanta has a Cowboy Division for their Steel match and it works well. No problem if you say no, I'll just bring a regular gun. figured it never hurts to ask. Thanks for considering.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It would take a little extra work on the part of the RO to check clear so if not desirable I certainly understand but would you consider allowing Single Action revolvers to compete (Colt Peacemaker, Ruger Blackhawk style guns)? Could slow things marginally but not much at all. Atlanta has a Cowboy Division for their Steel match and it works well. No problem if you say no, I'll just bring a regular gun. figured it never hurts to ask. Thanks for considering.

Do you load 5 rounds or 6? To win a heat at our match you have to knock all five plates off the Texas Star and knock over the tie-breaker popper. Bring you're single action and a regular gun and we'll give it a try. If we decide it's too slow to load and unload, you are certainly welcome to shoot several runs at the end of the match after we finish the last official bracket.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Do you load 5 rounds or 6? To win a heat at our match you have to knock all five plates off the Texas Star and knock over the tie-breaker popper. Bring you're single action and a regular gun and we'll give it a try. If we decide it's too slow to load and unload, you are certainly welcome to shoot several runs at the end of the match after we finish the last official bracket.
    Great, just great! I've been eyeing a Ruger Single Action in 357 mag, now this may push me over the edge. :):

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central

Excellent! Thanks for being open to trying it out! No problem if you decide it doesn't.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Great, just great! I've been eyeing a Ruger Single Action in 357 mag, now this may push me over the edge. :):

What you need to do is buy a pair of them. Load 5 rounds in the first and 3 in the second so that you have eight rounds ready to go when the whistle blows.

(I'm not saying the match director will allow you to do that. But I think you should buy a pair rather than just one.)

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    What you need to do is buy a pair of them. Load 5 rounds in the first and 3 in the second so that you have eight rounds ready to go when the whistle blows.

(I'm not saying the match director will allow you to do that. But I think you should buy a pair rather than just one.)
    I heard a police office say that the fast reload is a second gun :):

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Weather Channel app is saying the high on Saturday will be in the mid-30's with winds above 20MPH. That sounds miserable to me after spending a lot of this week outside in short sleeves.

How many of you will really show up if the weather is as predicted? I'm guessing the windchill will be in the teens.

Just trying to gauge how many people are going to be mad if I cancel the match. I will wait till Saturday morning to make the decision as there's always a slight chance the forecast won't be right.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    I'll be mad if you cancel the match :)
    sounds unpleasant to me, hopefully March will provide moderate conditions

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    If you decide to go ahead with TS I'll be there. If you decide to cancel I totally understand. It''ll give you guys a much needed chance to wash ur panties and bras.:popcorn:

Top Bottom