Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    May 9th friday night steel? MCF&G

MCF&G friday night steel.
    Anybody from here going? I will be there, don't let that stop anybody though.

Last edited:

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Hmmmm,
    I had not thought about it, and have only shot steel once before, but that may be the last match I can shoot for a couple of weeks.
    I just might go.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I'm going to try and make it, but I doubt that I'll compete. Wouldn't mind getting there early enough to help setup though. :thumbsup:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll try to be there, but I have to finish grading final exams and posting grades first, which is . . . unlikely.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    So what can I expect if I make this. I've read the info on the range home page. I realize I will be shooting at steel plates. That's about it. Can anyone provide me with more details about how this works.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Fenway, what specifically do you want to know?

The match procedure is explained in the shooters meeting prior to the match.

Just show up, since rhino is more than likely not going to make it, we will try and get you in our squad. Just be advised, our squad can be a little off color, to say the least.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I guess I have too many questions to post here. I'll dive right in tomorrow hopefully and see what happens. That's nice of you to offer me a spot but I don't know if you want me on your team. I've never done anything like this :):

Just show up, since rhino is more than likely not going to make it, we will try and get you in our squad. Just be advised, our squad can be a little off color, to say the least.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    Mike, it's not a "team" sport. You shoot in a "squad". They take all the guys (and gals) there and sorta put them into squads to even up the numbers. You spend the Evening with your squad making the rounds of the different stages. Your score is your combined time of all the strings of all your stages. Simple enough? Shortest time is shortest time. YOUR TIME IS YOUR TIME. Kinda like a baseline for you to work on and cut your time down each time you shoot. Piece of kake. Now just show up and have a good time and meet some characters. Boy do I mean characters. A good group of people. You'll enjoy yourself, I know you will and I'll see you next month. Or on the 17th at Atlanta.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I guess I have too many questions to post here. I'll dive right in tomorrow hopefully and see what happens. That's nice of you to offer me a spot but I don't know if you want me on your team. I've never done anything like this :):
    Mike, You don't have anything to worry about being on someone's TEAM bringing the TEAM's scores down like a grading curve. Your score is indiviual.
    What Craig is talking about is letting you shoot with their squad. It is simply several guys who enjoy commradre, jokes and safe shooting. You will have fun I'm sure.
    Craig is a very good guy who is easy to get along with, not to mention he will have lots of "pointers" for you on your first time shooting a competition. He is NOT the type of shooter who belittles any beginners! :rockwoot:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I would like to know how to recognize at least one person from here:)

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I can help with learning the rules and procedures, but please don't take any advice from me about shooting, I am currently starting from scratch and trying to rid myself of bad habits.

Remember, I am merely a tow truck driver, not a seasoned shooter.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'll wear my INGO hat. Thanks for the help guys. I have met bigcraig and I'll look forward to meeting the rest of you!

Top Bottom