• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Anyone working or shooting the Indiana Sectional Match down in Sellersburg next weekend?

I know myself and the great one-horned purple one will be there (so long as he gets there on time), so it should at least be entertaining.:):

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Unless you "physically" make sure he is on time, be prepared to wait patiently for him to arrive.

I have known rhino to be on time ONCE in the two years I have known him.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i'm sure you are mistaken, big craig. i've known him for 43 years and the only way to get him somewhere on time is to tell him to get there wed for an appt on thurs. hehe.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey! With some recent exceptions, I've been uncharacteristically punctual since I started wor...<cough!>...wor...<cough!>... since I became employed.

Of course, the smart money would always bet against me being there on time.

I didn't get home from the KY State Multigun match until after 0230 this morning and I haven't been this tired in a long time. It was an exhausting weekend. I mention this because I get to do it all over again at Sellersburg for the IN Section/State pistol match this coming weekend. Woo-hoo.

Here's the funny part: I loaded a bunch of my school stuff into the truck on Thursday, with the intent of working in the evenings while I was in Kentucky. All I did in the evenings was wimper while my back was spasming and wonder if I still had enough energy to make it to the bathroom when I had to pee again. At least I shot even more poorly than I usually do, so I was able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory YET AGAIN.

Ah, good times. Good times . . .

So who else is going to be at the match? I'll be there from whenever I arrive on Thursday to whenever I can escape on Sunday. If you're a competitor, don't forget to stop by the clubhouse to say, "Howdy!"

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    So Rhino, do I need to bring my KAC catalog so you can give me your shopping list before I leave for Florida? :D

I would appreciate it if you would give Reed a swift kick in the nuts, and explain to him his prices on the SR25 are insane.

Good luck with the new job.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    See you Sat

I'll be there Sat. morning Senator! Can't wait. Be sure to bring some cool weather for this full figured fellow.

Hey! With some recent exceptions, I've been uncharacteristically punctual since I started wor...<cough!>...wor...<cough!>... since I became employed.

Of course, the smart money would always bet against me being there on time.

I didn't get home from the KY State Multigun match until after 0230 this morning and I haven't been this tired in a long time. It was an exhausting weekend. I mention this because I get to do it all over again at Sellersburg for the IN Section/State pistol match this coming weekend. Woo-hoo.

Here's the funny part: I loaded a bunch of my school stuff into the truck on Thursday, with the intent of working in the evenings while I was in Kentucky. All I did in the evenings was wimper while my back was spasming and wonder if I still had enough energy to make it to the bathroom when I had to pee again. At least I shot even more poorly than I usually do, so I was able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory YET AGAIN.

Ah, good times. Good times . . .

So who else is going to be at the match? I'll be there from whenever I arrive on Thursday to whenever I can escape on Sunday. If you're a competitor, don't forget to stop by the clubhouse to say, "Howdy!"

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll be there Sat. morning Senator! Can't wait. Be sure to bring some cool weather for this full figured fellow.

I'll do my best on the temperature, but it's not looking good for us.

Hopefully the A/C in the clubhouse will be running ... you can get some refuge in there occasionally if you need it.

I'll be shooting on Friday. I think I'll go first on every stage to make sure I do even worse than I usually do (again). :D

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Well, it was a great match and a definite learning experience. I shot like crap, but I'd do it again in a heart beat. I met some great people and heard some great stories (Dinner on Thursday and Saturday were the highlights of the weekend).

Only downsides to the match was knocking the front sight off of my G34 and the fact that now I'm looking at buying a Limited gun. On the plus side, I brought home a .50 Cal ammo can full of 9mm brass, met a bunch of wonderful people and got to watch a couple GM's blow through my stage like it was nothing. :D

BTW - To those shooting, I was the "young pup" RO in the Rose-Hulman hat on Stage 2.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thank you to all who helped run the match and to those who joined us to shoot.

The heat was freakin' unbelievable for so early in the season when we're not acclimated to it. Sunday was the coolest day at 94 deg. F. Saturday was hotter, and Friday (the day the match staff shot) was the hottest and dustiest. It had to be close to 100 deg F.

I shot even more poorly than Ryan's assessment of his performance (I think he did better than he thinks, especially for his first big match). After stage 3 or so, I was "done" physically. One of the ROs only shot one stage and another didn't finish the last three because of the heat. We had some competitors go down from the heat on Saturday.

Aside from the weather, it was an awesome match. With one exception (the bowling ball stage), they were some of the best stages I've seen since I've been playing this game. Had I been able to shoot a few each day or done it in cooler weather, it would have been a lot of fun. As it was, very challenging courses of fire became more a survival situation to me, so I just did what I could to finish. And of course my little expression of fun on stage 10. Heh.

The crew who set-up and ran the match deserve a huge amount of praise and gratitude. They put together and ran one of the best section matches in the history of the sport. It also happens to have been one of the biggest (if not the biggest) section matches ever, with about 260 shooters.

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Hey cougar do you run the Rose-Hulman website? Want to trade links with INGO?
    I'm nothing but a lowly Alum anymore . . . I will pass the site on to the new President and webmaster though. I think we could arrange something.:)

I shot even more poorly than Ryan's assessment of his performance (I think he did better than he thinks, especially for his first big match). After stage 3 or so, I was "done" physically. One of the ROs only shot one stage and another didn't finish the last three because of the heat. We had some competitors go down from the heat on Saturday.
    44 out of 63 in Production, not my best showing but, like you said, it was my first match outside of Riley. I shudder to think what I was at overall. Seeing Vogel shoot was interesting though . . . I would have loved to pick his brain for an hour or two about the sport.

Aside from the weather, it was an awesome match. With one exception (the bowling ball stage), they were some of the best stages I've seen since I've been playing this game. Had I been able to shoot a few each day or done it in cooler weather, it would have been a lot of fun. As it was, very challenging courses of fire became more a survival situation to me, so I just did what I could to finish. And of course my little expression of fun on stage 10. Heh.
    The weather on Friday was nuts . . . I've never been so beat after a day. I would say something about the danged bowling ball course and it's designer, but if Dave did it I might not get a good deal on that Para he's selling. :D It was a nice change of pace though. Definitely different from what we can put together in an hour on Sundays at Riley.

Top Bottom