• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It's time for FNS again. Since we missed out last month, lets make this month an extra special good time:rockwoot:. Maybe some INGO folk who haven't attended before can make it this time...

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Haven't shot FNS since 12/2006. I'm going to try my hardest to be there! Hope I can still run my 870......haven't found room for my reloading bench in Indy, yet.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    ill be there with a G22 and a 10/22 or AR-22... hope to see a bunch of you guys there this time..

PS. i dont care if theres a tornado this Friday. im still going to go!

Cactus Jack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Huntington
    More info please, What is a Friday night steel match? What caliber can you shoot? Scoped or iron sights? Is it just for bragging rights or are there prizes? Where is it held at? What time will it start? :dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    ill be there with a G22 and a 10/22 or AR-22... hope to see a bunch of you guys there this time..

I was reading through the page linked below and it stated that .22 and .22 mag are not allowed. Is that still the case? (Just wondering, as you state bringing your 10/22.) I would love to shoot it with my 10/22 setup as an LTR for Appleseed.

Also, there wasn't much description on the site of what the course is. How many knock downs, what ranges, etc. Just curious.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    There is now a provisional .22lr class. The site just hasn't been updated to reflect that yet. The courses of fire vary, and as such it is hard to describe them. They do consist typically of 4-5 targets and the range is around 50 feet. There is also a stage that is only a plate rack with 5 plates. We have static targets as well as poppers, center-swingers and an auto popper. When I get home I'll post a pic or 2 of one of the matches.

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Shooters,
    Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, July 11th at 6 pm. The weather looks like it will cooperate this month so come out and bring your friends and relatives. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have sign-up at 5:15 pm and a shooters meeting at 6:00 pm to explain the rules and to form squads. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10 with your first paid entry.

* PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AS THIS HAS CHANGED *
    Due to inflation, we have raised prices to$10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10.00 with your first paid entry. This puts us at the same cost as many of the other local steel matches, and much less than many of the USPSA matches. Our goal is to help offset the rising costs of insurance, fuel, and taxes so that we provide a financially stable club for many generations to come.

Marion County Fish and Game allows the sighting in of rifles in the calibers of 38 special, 357 magnum, 44 special, and 44 magnum, provided that the rifles are fired from a bench rest at paper targets. This rule applies to regular business hours; so you can finally sight in guns in the above mentioned calibers for the new Indiana deer season. Please make sure that you follow this rule to the letter, so that FNS sets a good example for all MCFG club members.

5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

* PLEASE TAKE NOTE *
    You can now purchase Official Friday Night Steel shirts and hats at Café press

Due to the recent heavy rain we are in need of CLEAN fill dirt to fill in an area that was washed away. If you or some one you know can get some please let one of the board members know. Thanks in advance for your help

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score.

If time and weather permits, we will again be having a Pistol Caliber Rifle "Side Match" AFTER the regular monthly FNS Match. The cost will be $5.00 per entry. If you would like to try shooting this side match and don’t have a gun of your own, bring some factory 9mm ammo and we will have a gun for you to use.

If you're new to competitive shooting, we encourage you to check out the following site. It shows upcoming shooting events for 3-gun, Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup), Bowling Pin Shooting, Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS), ICORE, IDPA, Multi-gun, Steel Challenge, and USPSA.

Don’t forget about the Bowling Pin Shoot (Fourth Saturday) at Marion County Fish and Game.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Sincerely,
    Anton C Howard

FridayNightSteel@gmail.com

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think I might stop out. I will be around friday night. However I do not have enough mags. I could get 2 more for the ruger mkiii if they allow .22lr pistols. ( I know that a rifle is ok).

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    The extra mags are in and I've got the 639 back with new sights and a trigger job. Sounds like time to try it out in single stack. Might bring the CX4-.40 for the pistol caliber carbine match too.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Prince Casp ... my intent is to attend. If my availablity and intent coincide tomorrow afternoon, I'll see you there!

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I hope that you can come out and shoot with US. Be sure to come up and introduce yourself!

I ran into a couple boys-in-blue at MCFG on Tuesday. I think I have at least one convinced to come out and at least observe a couple stages on Friday. Neither had any idea FNS existed. Just doin' my part here...:thumbsup:

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I still plann on stoping out.

I was looking at the times and it will close with the start times.

I see that setup starts at 5pm and the shooter meeting starts at 6pm, with the shooting starting at 6:15. I might not get there until 630 if the g/f comes with me.

How long does this go until? If I cannot get there until later will I still be able to shoot?

-James

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    James

We usually shoot until 8:30 or 9 depends on the number of shooters that we have. If you can't make it until 6:30 just find me and you can pay me and shoot in my squad. Is your G/F going to shoot as well? I want to make sure I leave room in my squad.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Anton(Caspian),

My g/f will not be shooting. She is just going to watch.

She gets out of work at 5pm and will be at the house at 530ish. I am really close to eagle creek shooting range so it should not take me long to get to the marion county fish and game association.

I have never met you before I am not sure who to look for.

I plan to bring my ruger MKIII(.22lr)and Beretta PX4(9mm). I am picking up some extra mags today for the Beretta. So I should have 6 mags per gun. I am not sure if I want to shoot both or just the 9mm.

Top Bottom