• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    We had an impromptu "Tactical Carbine Shoot" at my club range (HCFG) this weekend and man was it fun, there were AR's, AK's, an Uzi, and ONE 10/22. Yup, I'm cheap, and so is rimfire ammo so we get along great. The rifle worked flawlessly, no jams or FTE's through 4 stages, only problem is that with the suppressor it would not set off the timer! We loosely went by IDPA guidelines for pistol shoots and adapted them to rifle, well carbine, it was a great time! One thing that really came across is how often EQUIPMENT FAILURE will kill you, it was very educational. Take that rifle off the bench and it's a whole new world guys, (and Pami) here are a couple of shots:

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

I am hoping that everyone enjoyed it enough to try it again

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Most people don't realize how much fun shooting a rifle in a pistol-oriented course of fire can be.

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    And we're in the process of working on getting an INGO event there... Will have more to report next week, hopefully! :)

I need to get up there and see about joining HCFG. Atterbury is just too far away.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've shot a couple of IDPA matches there. HCFG is a nice little club with friendly members. It's sort of hidden, which is good in a way, so not many people really know about it.

Now that you guys might be doing more rifle matches or maybe 3-gun, you might see me more often.

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    The barrel and mag release are from Tactical Solutions.

Extended Mag Release for 10/22 - Accessories - Tactical Solutions

The Magazine is a stock magazine with a cut down CZ-75 plastic magazine loader form fitted to the bottom and hot glued on. It allows me to use the factory 10 round magazine, which is very reliable and still have something substantial to grab on to when changing mags. Very easy to make and very handy to use. I had several of the mag loaders around and don't like to use them to load the CZ magazines so I figured what the heck?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Clever idea!

I used my 10/22 with the TAPCO stock at the RileyCC steel match today. It would be a pain in the butt to shoot a run'n'gun stage with reloads necessary using those tiny factory mags. I am standardizing on Butler Creek "steel lips" for my gun, and they have plenty to grab.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I've been wanting to join HCF&G for some time. Do you guys ever have a membership drive? Do you need to be sponsored to join?

Top Bottom