• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I have shot steel several times at acc and they do a great job. It's ran like a typical steel match with 5-6 stages and just like mc you can shoot anything but magnum pistol and there is almost always a sass guy in full cowboy gear ( really cool) . Hope to see you there

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I used to shoot the steel matches at ACC all the time. The guy who created the program and runs the matches is a friend of mine and he does an excellent job. The matches are safe and a lot of fun as well as excellent shooting practice. If you don't have good trigger control and follow through, you won't hit the steel of you try to go fast!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Do any of you guys shoot Steel at Atlanta? I notice there is a match there this weekend.

I used to shoot the steel matches there all the time, and concur with everything rhino said. This was back before I discovered FNS, though; it's a helluva lot easier to swing by MCF&G on my way home from work on a Friday than it is to request a Saturday off from the shop and drive up to Atlanta...

A side note - the ACC events are actual "Steel Challenge" matches; the club is sanctioned by the SCSA, and the matches follow the same format and rules that the big boys use.

steel8.jpg

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    WHEN: Third Saturday of each month, year round
    Shooters' Meeting: 9:45 AM
    Match starts immediately following shooters' meeting

RULES: Current USPSA rules in general, SCSA rules for Steel Challenge specific needs.
    Refer to SCSA Clubs
    NOTE: that all matches at AtlantaCC are conducted under a COLD RANGE as per USPSA rules. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.
    MATCH FEES: $10 for the first category, $5 for each additional category.
    CATEGORIES: Limited, Open, Production, Revolver, Carbine (CF pistol caliber), .22 pistol, .22 rifle,
    GSSF (starts from low-ready), Fun (no time posted in results)
    SET-UP: ( Day of the match )
    Starts at 8:00 AM
    Please help if you can!
    As of now, you do NOT need to be a member of SCSA (Steel Challenge Shooters Association) to participate in the regular monthly club matches. Once we become sanctioned to hold the Indiana State Steel Match, membership in SCSA will be required for the State Match only.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Am I going to be alright to shoot with only 4, 15 round magazines?

You should be if you don't miss a lot.

Each stage will have five steel targets that you have to hit once per run. You'll repeat five times, with your score being the total time of your best four of five added together. Then your match score is the total time for all of your stages combined.

So that means a minimum of 25 rounds per stage.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    I shot there yesterday and typically go to the steel shoot every month. Aside from my Glock G35/G34 conversion malfunctioning, I had a good time.

It's a good opportunity to meet friendly, knowledgeable shooters, hone your shooting skills and have a bit of fun all at the same time.

Virtus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Fishers
    I shot the steel match there last month and had a blast. FNS is a more "fun" shoot whereas the ACC Steel is more on the competition side. Have enjoyed shooting at both and would recommend it to anyone.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Yup that was me. I'm guessing you are one of the 2 guys with the tricked out CZs...

I gotta say, having the Glock puke the way it did on the first stage was an all-time low in my shooting history. Glad the camera guy wasn't around :D
    hey muncie do you have a c-more on that Glock? I was just wonderin if we were in the same squad. I shoot an SP-01

Top Bottom