• ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Greetings,

We have not had an IDPA state or regional match in Indiana since 2004 so we are long overdue. When I became IDPA Area Coordinator for Indiana last year, one of my goals was to host a major match every year. My challenge has been finding a centrally-located facility that can handle such an event. I am pleased to announce that Mr. Benny Dukes at Atlanta Conservation Club, Atlanta, Indiana has approved our bid to host a state match at the facility. Benny was instrumental in allowing us to return IDPA to ACC this year and is an elected director of the new leadership for the facility.

You are receiving the first official notice of the match to be held on Saturday October 25th. I wanted to give those who shoot with us on a regular basis or have shot with us in the past the first opportunity to participate in the match. I submitted the announcement to IDPA HQ for posting on the national website today and it will be forwarded throughout the region in the next day or so. I'm also being selfish in that many of you are people who I have been able to count on in the past to help and I hope you can find a way to help us out again. Below you will find a link to the match announcement and application. A special thanks to Bryce our webmaster for making this happen so quickly.

http://www.atlantacc.net/ACC_Downloads/IDPA_INState_Championship_2008.pdf

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS MATCH, PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS MESSAGE AS WELL AS THE ONLINE ANNOUNCEMENT.

1. If you are not classified in your division, we will be having classifiers after our regular club matches at ACC in September and October. In addition, Mr. Jim Barbour and/or myself will run you through the classifier if you cannot make these matches as long as we can schedule a time to meet you at ACC.
    2. If you cannot shoot on Saturday but can make a substantial contribution to match planning and set up, you can shoot on Friday afternoon for a reduced or waived fee.
    3. If you cannot help on Friday but can make a substantial contribution to the match planning, I have a very limited number of positions where we can work you into the match on Saturday for a reduced fee or waived fee. You will still need to work that day and assist with final setup and teardown.
    4. If you are not a current IDPA member, it's not too late. I can sign you up at a reduced fee and we can get you classified

Benny is my co-match director but he has his hand full right now so contact me with any questions or concerns.

If you have already offered to help, you need not reply to this message. If I haven't heard from you, please send me an email or give me a call.

Best regards,

Jeff Brown
    Indiana IDPA Area Coordinator

Top Bottom