Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Adaptive Consulting and Training will be hosting Instructional League matches near Greencastle, Indiana on the following dates: April 25, May 9, July 18, August 15,September 19, October 10.

These matches will be USPSA rules, include three stages which will be shot twice each for a total of six stages. Scores will be kept and delivered to all participants via email. Each shooter will receive coaching and instruction on all aspects of shooting USPSA stages and matches. Cost will be $25 per shooter, round count will be between 150-200 rounds. There will be an additional cost if a classifier is shot and the results sent in to the USPSA office to count.

These instructional matches are a great way for the C and D class shooters to get in some practice stages that will help them move up in classification.

Swingers, drop turners, max traps and the like will be used in these matches as well. So it is a great chance to practice on moving targets that you probably don't own.

If a new shooter is looking to break into competition this is an ideal way to do it.

Each date is limited to ten shooters so that we can start at 10am and finish by 2 pm.

If there is interest in running an IDPA event on different dates that is entirely possible.

Contact me at abright@ccrtc.com of through the ACT website if you are interested or have questions.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    yes it is, josh, but we'll be shooting different stages with different challenges each time. also, if you need some classifiers, there will be an opportunity for that also.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'm there.:)
    Had to miss last year due to some late-breaking overtime coverage.:xmad:

*consulting calendar...*

ETA: Correction - it was the competition pistol 101 course I had to miss. I'll look for it this season.

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    ok, Im interested in something like this. Is this something like what they do at the Riley CC? Also, what is the required equipment?

oh, and one more quick thing, are you guys going to have your comp pistol 101 class this year?

thanks,
    clay

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Yes this is exactly what we do at Riley. Only this match will include coaching and Instruction on how to break down stages, target order, movement and the many other skills involved.

Equipment is a pistol, 9mm or larger, sturdy gun belt, holster, mag pouches, ear and eye protection.

Yes we are going to have a Comp 101 class. It will be mid summer. I will post the date on that soon.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You know I'm there Coach! Please sign me up for all (or as many as you'll let me do.) Send me a heads up on when you want the $.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    You are welcome at any or all there is no limit. If these dates fill up and the demand is there we will add additional dates. Send me an email through the ACT website for the dates that suit you best and I will place you on the roster for those dates.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Damn, April 25th is out for me and unless something changes for the worse, our club is shooting the 9th of May. I still plan on at least making every Riley match this spring.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    ok, Im interested in something like this. Is this something like what they do at the Riley CC? Also, what is the required equipment?

oh, and one more quick thing, are you guys going to have your comp pistol 101 class this year?

We're definitely doing the CP101 class this year. The first will be 18APR09, limited to female shooters only. The other offerings will be open enrollment. If the demand is high, there will be more chances.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I sent an email to the address in the original post asking to be signed up and how to pay. I want to get into this class and hopefully be a little more ready for the multi-gun in June at ACC.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    We're definitely doing the CP101 class this year. The first will be 18APR09, limited to female shooters only. The other offerings will be open enrollment. If the demand is high, there will be more chances.

hehe, cant go to that on for 2 reasons:

1) wrong parts :):
    2) Appleseed :rockwoot:

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I think I'll be able to make a couple of those dates. My job requires me to work some Saturdays and that might interfere. And I'm getting married on September 19.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think I'll be able to make a couple of those dates. My job requires me to work some Saturdays and that might interfere. And I'm getting married on September 19.

Congrats on the Wedding!

Looking forward to having you. Let me know which date or dates work for you.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Damn, April 25th is out for me and unless something changes for the worse, our club is shooting the 9th of May. I still plan on at least making every Riley match this spring.

I hope the schedule works out. Looking forward to seeing you at RCC. Want a ride to the first South Central?

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    I hope the schedule works out. Looking forward to seeing you at RCC. Want a ride to the first South Central?

I'll let you know about South Central when it gets closer. I have that following week off, and they kinda force me out of town around here. I'll try to stick around for a few days if I can. I appreciate the offer.

By the way, the article was well said.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We have interest from Ohio in the April league match! Early registration might be a good idea to reserve a spot for the first league shoot in April.

I want to encourage IDPA shooters to take part in these league shoots as well. We will be using USPSA rules, but a draw is a draw and there is plenty of overlap in the skills. You would be more than welcome to run the stages in an IDPA style.

Top Bottom