• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    What a fantastic weekend! We had some great shooters with us this past weekend up in NWI to learn about marksmanship and their heritage. Several INGO'ers were present and really represented INGO well. These INGO'ers certainly know what they're about. In fact, we even have a new Rifleman amongst our INGOers...anyone wanna step up and claim that title? ;) Tell us how it feels to join the ranks of Riflemen, both past and present. We also have some INGOers who are soooooooo close. I mean close. Another time out, and they'll be there. They know what to do and just need to bring it all together. Thanks for coming out, everyone. Always a pleasure. It will be an honor to see you all on the line again soon. :patriot:

Official Appleseed AAR (with pictures!) HERE: AAR: North Porter County, IN - June 25-26, 2011

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    In fact, we even have a new Rifleman amongst our INGOers...anyone wanna step up and claim that title? ;) Tell us how it feels to join the ranks of Riflemen, both past and present.

VERY happy to earn my patch. I really had my mind set on getting it at this outing and would have been a little dismayed if it didn't come together.

But untimately, I was just really to top my borderline 210 with a score that had some more breathing room.

And don't worry, just because I'm no longer a cook doesn't mean I won't be back. It just means I'm going to focus on shooting 210 with the bigger rifles!:patriot:

WRWIII

Plinker
    Apr 25, 2008
    LOFS
    Great weekend. A lot of familiar faces among the new ones. I look forward to seeing everyone on the line again! Bring a friend or five.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Wild Deuce

Master
    Dec 2, 2009
    A great time. Superb instruction!

AuntieBellum was suddenly and unexpectedly tapped to run a line when the group grew a little larger than expected. You think the training might suffer a little? Well ... you would be wrong! She didn't miss a beat. I could go on but I already told her in person following the event. Let's just say that you will always get top-notch instruction from this group of instructors. NWI is very fortunate to have them working in this region.

The group benefitted greatly, not just from the high caliber of instruction, but also from the way the entire event was run (deciding to split the group and assignment of instructors). That can only happen when you have an experienced Shoot Boss being backed up by a solid core of instructors and assistants. They came prepared and it reflects well on the Appleseed Program as a whole.

I can not recommend this enough. It's not for the faint of heart ... but it is for those with heart.

Thanks again.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Completely agree with Wild Deuce's words.

The split up worked great allowing those there for the second (or more?) time around to skip what instruction we had taken to heart, and still focus on what could have used help. And I lost count on how many AQT's we were able to run through. I know there were quite a few preparation periods that were called where I didn't even have time to get my mags loaded up.

But that is a problem I'd definetely like to have.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Wild Deuce, NWIeng - thank you both for the kind words. You were both terrific students this weekend (and in previous weekends!) and both earned those Rifleman patches. Thank you for being great students, and I look forward to seeing you both again soon!

Wild Deuce

Master
    Dec 2, 2009
    AB, I meant every word. That is one rock solid group of instructors and assistants.

NWIeng, glad to hear that I wasn't the only one. It was a hard pace but I wouldn't want to earn a patch any other way ... well, maybe at full distance.

Top Bottom