• ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Dear INGO,

Our mod team has been spending a great deal of time in the classifieds section over the past several weeks cleaning up continuous bumps, unnecessary comments and joke threads. Soon we will begin banning people from the classifieds section for a length of time to be determined.

The rules of our fantastic classifieds section can be found HERE. Those of you who have read the rules before will notice nothing has changed.

Please give the mod staff a break and follow the rules when posting or browsing the classifieds!

Thanks, Fenway

Last edited by a moderator:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Folks forget from time to time, and a reminder is all that is needed. This week I broke the rules simply because I forgot. Que immediately sent me an infraction, explained what should have been done, and we both went about our business.

Posting a reminder here is a good idea. Should make it better for all of us.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Any way you can require everyone to read this post or at least everyone posting in the classifieds? Too many who need to see it won't as a simple post in the Site News forum. Even that won't eliminate the problem, but should reduce it.

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    When I was an administrator on a different vbulletin site you could lock certain forums until certain requirements are met. You can also choose to allow people to view the forum but not post and or create threads.

Mk

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    When I was an administrator on a different vbulletin site you could lock certain forums until certain requirements are met. You can also choose to allow people to view the forum but not post and or create threads.

That is already in place (called the 50-post rule).

What Fenway is talking about is the many recent off-topic posts that people feel the need to post up on people's ads.

Folks doing this will receive infractions for not following the rules. Too many of those and their ability to access the Classifieds will automatically disappear.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It's time to turn off replies by anyone except the OP in the classifieds. It's not a place for chat. Prospective buyers and sellers should respond via PM.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's time to turn off replies by anyone except the OP in the classifieds. It's not a place for chat. Prospective buyers and sellers should respond via PM.

I was under the impression that the intent of allowing replies in the classifieds was to educate perspective future buyers and sellers as to values and sales practices?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Did you forget the purple?

:dunno:
    The Rules of the INGO Classifieds! -> You MUST READ before posting! ...
    7. ...Please keep all comments DIRECTLY related to the sale of the item in question. To clarify this, we mean an offer to buy/trade, notice of PM, questions about the specific item, etc...

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    :dunno:
    The Rules of the INGO Classifieds! -> You MUST READ before posting! ...
    7. ...Please keep all comments DIRECTLY related to the sale of the item in question. To clarify this, we mean an offer to buy/trade, notice of PM, questions about the specific item, etc...

7 . Keep comments related to the ad directly and no ad bashing! ex. "Your price is crazy high. What a POS, etc." We also don't want to know if you think it's a great price, a nice gun, etc. Because ads move so quickly, the staff are having to spend huge amounts of time deleting irrelevant posts in threads to keep them from bumping early. Please keep all comments DIRECTLY related to the sale of the item in question. To clarify this, we mean an offer to buy/trade, notice of PM, questions about the specific item, etc. If an ad states WTS then do not ask if they will trade. If the ad states WTT do not ask if they have a cash price.

Looks like you left part of it out to me. :dunno:

Clearly states you cant comment on the asking price.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Has been a lot of posts that are just short on the info required. One liners that leave you hanging about the piece being posted...travel...even price. I had my first post removed for this. Seems to be getting a bit lax but JMHO on the matter. I enjoy browsing/shopping/selling in the Classifieds.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Looks like you left part of it out to me. :dunno:

Clearly states you cant comment on the asking price.

I included the part relevant to my question. I did not ask about commenting on prices. I asked about what is already allowed that is being considered for change.

Edit:
    This is what I'm talking about. Assuming this is the approved type of legit commentary, the seller has a price and a potential buyer is floating an offer:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s/255742-magpul_prs_and_mini_sass_barrel.html

I would think it would take something away from the knowledge of future buyers and sellers of similar products to disallow this sort of commentary.

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I say just don't allow replies. Any questions should be handled via PM. Any PM questions relevant to sales, the buyer should edit their original post. Just my $0.02. Thanks for all you do admins!

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Our mod team has been spending a great deal of time in the classifieds section over the past several weeks cleaning up continuous bumps, unnecessary comments and joke threads. Soon we will begin banning people from the classifieds section for a length of time to be determined.

What is considered continuous bumping?

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Is there something we can do instead of 50 post? More of a time delay like 30 days or 43,200 minutes. Just a thought, especially with this gun ban scare and individuals trying to make an absurd profit on wares.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I understand and agree that the sniping needs to end. I would hate to see all comments eliminated. There have actually been some pretty informative posts over the years. Some sellers have thought they were selling something they weren't until informed by someone here. So some of the responsive posts have been beneficial IMO. I suppose members could notify Mods about errors in each ad, but do the Mods want to deal with that.

Top Bottom