• ...and so much more!
  • 1866yellowboy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    lafayette
    Hello

I became a site supporter and was given an infraction for posting in the classifieds even though I became a site supporter.

I can not pm admins or reply to the PM that I received. It says you must have 50 posts to PM except for the list of given admins. Problem is I cannot pm anyone on that list.

Is this a known issue or a glitch?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Hello yellowboy. Sorry you are running into such problems. If that infraction was before you became a site supporter, then it is legitimate. If after, then you tripped on a technical glitch and can likely get it cleared up.

SS does allow you to bypass the 50-post requirement, but the system still requires a 50-post count. You are supposed to PM Que and request that you be given access to the classifieds. Basically, he will adjust your post count to 50. Assuming you were a SS before the post, then I'd ask that your infraction be cleared as well. Cumulative infractions *will* be held against you over time.

When you do post in the classifieds, you need to read the classifieds rules in stickies at the top of those forums. Classifieds rules are strictly enforced because there have been so many problems there over time. Not hard to follow, but important.

It appears that you haven't read about the 50 post rule and Site Supporter status yet. Please read the following from the FAQs: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/16185-ingunowners-faqs-sticky.html#post187173

You are supposed to be able to PM moderators even pre-50 posts. If you can't get through to Que, post again here and I'll help you get his attention. Good luck.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I saw his initial posts early this morning (1-2am) when he asked about post count and posted in the G26 thread. The site supporter badge was there when he posted both of those. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the server move, a simple setting that got missed.

Agree about asking for the infraction to be removed.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I saw his initial posts early this morning (1-2am) when he asked about post count and posted in the G26 thread. The site supporter badge was there when he posted both of those. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the server move, a simple setting that got missed.

Agree about asking for the infraction to be removed.
    I think this has happened a couple of times to other members. Mods (QUE) is great at straightening out this stuff.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Hello

I became a site supporter and was given an infraction for posting in the classifieds even though I became a site supporter.

I can not pm admins or reply to the PM that I received. It says you must have 50 posts to PM except for the list of given admins. Problem is I cannot pm anyone on that list.

Is this a known issue or a glitch?

I'm the one that infracted you, but I reversed it when I saw you are a site supporter. We are working to get this taken care of, I think getting your post count to 50 got missed. Please accept my apology, and we will get this squared away!

1866yellowboy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    lafayette
    Thanks for all the help.

I am by no means complaining and I do not necessarily disagree with the 50 post rule.

I was just trying to figure out how to contact a admin without the PM function working. This section is obviously much more active than I anticipated.

Thanks again.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    So you still haven't PMed for classified access? You should be able to click on "Private Messages" above and send a message addressed to "Que".

1866yellowboy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    lafayette
    Pudly, the issue is that I am unable to send PMs to anyone. I can not even send a PM to admins. It shows me a list of people that it says I can sent PMs to, which Que is included in that list, but when I try to send the PM it takes me back to the same box that says I can not send PMs.

Thanks MontereyC6.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Interesting. Please do us a favor and put in one more post to get to 50. Let us know if you can PM after that.

Hmmm... Second idea: Are you trying to send a PM to an address of "Administration", because there is no such user?

Last edited:

bertnkristi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Lebanon Indiana
    I think that might have worked. It let me send a message to Que. Thanks a lot I appreciate it.
    Interesting. Please do us a favor and put in one more post to get to 50. Let us know if you can PM after that.

Hmmm... Second idea: Are you trying to send a PM to an address of "Administration", because there is no such user?

KoD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Richmond
    I wasn't able to send a message to an admin on the list the other day either. Something is wonky with it.

Jlauth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2016
    North Side
    Mods...I'm having a similar issue. I try to send out a PM and get sent to a notification saying I have one post and can only PM certain mods. Which is what I'm trying to do. Tried to PM Que and Fenway to no avail. Kept getting sent to the same notification.

Top Bottom