Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    YOW!!! I love Red Gold. I always remind Mrs. Miguel about the threat of international communism when she accidentally buys Heinz. These prices are sweet, too.

I had no idea they offered that many products, especially the pasta sauces and beans.

Looks like a trip to ECC and Red Gold is in the offing when the weather warms up!
    Fierce defiance

Road trip for tomatoes!
    "If not now, then when?" - הלל

Citizen Rule #1: Make it home safe at the end of the day.
    Dave Ramsey - http://www.daveramsey.com/new/baby-steps/

Quote Originally Posted by theweakerbrother View Post
    Road trip for tomatoes!
    I'm in!! I try to buy RedGold whenever I can!
    Quote Originally Posted by HICKMAN View Post
    we've done this once before and the lady in the group kicked our butts!
    "Freedom... is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again."
    ---Ronald Reagan, 1967

My mom retired from there. I grew up in Elwood and HATED the smell of those tomatoes from the plant. You could smell it all over town. I grew up down the street from where their warehouse is now. It used to be a factory. Elwood used to be full of factories. It was a great place to grow up. I had 144 in my graduating class.

I could sell you a house in Elwood that's only 2 blocks from the warehouse if you are interested. Just imagine how close you'd be to it. I even have the abstract of title from the house from 1917 and recent years. I think part of the house was built in 1835 but I'm not completely sure by reading the title.

Quote Originally Posted by jd4320t View Post
    I probably attended 20 or so meetings with Mama Selita and she's nice about 10% of the time.
    Are we still talking about tomato products??

Gentleman in the street.... jd4320t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch B View Post
    Are we still talking about tomato products??
    Of course

I just bought some ketchup there and it has an exp date of June 8 2012. I buy there all the time and I can't remember ever getting any products that were set to expire soon. I'm sure there are some that will expire in a few months but with the prices you really can't complain. Let’s say they are making sauce today and x amount of cans fall off the pallet and get dented that have an exp date of Aug 28, 2013, they go to the outlet store and you just got to be the lucky person that gets the newer product.

Gentleman in the street.... jd4320t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyidgaf View Post
    Thanks! I love Red Gold products.

Have you purchased the products from the outlet store? I'm curios about expiration dates. Is the product in the outlet store older than what might be in the high volume grocery stores
    I never went to the store but I did work some cash sales at our plant. Some but not all of these items will be seconds. This means they could have a dent or messed up label. Items in plastic bottles may also have "delamination" which means the plastic is messed up. This is completely cosmetic and will NOT affect the product. Also, many of the items posted on the price list earlier are perfectly fine and taken right off a good pallet. All the products will have "best by" dates on them.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by jd4320t; 03-02-2011 at 16:24.

Quote Originally Posted by jd4320t View Post
    I never went to the store but I did work some cash sales at our plant. Some but not all of these items will be seconds. This means they could have a dent or messed up label. Items in plastic bottles may also have "delamination" which means the plastic is messed up. This is completely cosmetic and will NOT affect the product. Also, many of the items posted on the price list earlier are perfectly fine and taken right off a good pallet. All the products will have "best by" dates on them.

Hope this helps
    Let me fix this for you...

Oh Yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post

Have you purchased the products from the outlet store? I'm curios about expiration dates. Is the product in the outlet store older than what might be in the high volume grocery stores?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyidgaf View Post

Have you purchased the products from the outlet store? I'm curios about expiration dates. Is the product in the outlet store older than what might be in the high volume grocery stores
    ???
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast