Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Red Gold Outlet Store Pricing

Red Gold (the tomato company) has an outlet store in Elwood Indiana. They offer most of their products at greatly reduced pricing purchased by the case. Not sure if anyone is interested, but here is a complete product and price list. Sorry about the funky format, I got this as a pdf and couldn't convert to a regular image to upload so I had to take a screen shots. **Please note, the second page is pricing for dented cans or cans missing labels, and are subject to availability**

Last edited by HighStrung; 02-28-2011 at 22:01.
    ~~This too shall pass~~

“The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second does not become the legalized version of the first.” Thomas Jefferson
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the info

We have a Factory Outlet store located at 451 North 9th Street, Elwood Indiana. The store is open Wednesday and Thursday, 9:00AM-12:00PM and 12:30PM to 4:30PM.
    Freedom is defined by the character of those who defend it

+1 on the Red Gold outlet store. Indiana local company, doing good. Try Mama Selita's ketchup on eggs, Mmmmmmm......

Warehouses full of cans of tomatos......
    "I know of you"

Those are really good prices. I use the #10 cans in my Chili and easily pay double from Sam's.

I was just thinking it would be cool to start a thread where people can report where they get food stuffs in bulk cheap.
    "I was born free, and Godd##mit, I am going to die a free man."--Me

Oh Yeah
    Thanks! I love Red Gold products.

Have you purchased the products from the outlet store? I'm curios about expiration dates. Is the product in the outlet store older than what might be in the high volume grocery stores?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Thanks! I love Red Gold products.

Have you purchased the products from the outlet store? I'm curios about expiration dates. Is the product in the outlet store older than what might be in the high volume grocery stores?

Nope, my wife use to work there and we bought from the outlet all the time. You can get even better deals on the products that may have dented cans or missing labels (though they know what the products are due to the printed code, just cant sell them with missing label). Either way, essentially they don't have any costs or retailer markup, other than production involved in them so they're able to sell them cheaper in house. RedGold is a pretty reputable company in terms of benefit to the communities etc. They also strive to be the lowest-cost provider of their type of products (ie vs. Hunts or Heinz), which allows them lower pricing even when in the stores. Back to the point, their outlet products are the same exp dates as anything you'll find in the stores. Only thing I would suggest, is to inspect cans throughly before putting dented cans in longer term storage. We never had problems from the dented ones we bought (even a year after we bought some of them), but I would hate to need them in a SHTF and find the inner-seal was damaged.
    ~~This too shall pass~~

“The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second does not become the legalized version of the first.” Thomas Jefferson
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

our house is strictly a red gold house. i never knew they had an outlet store. i sense a special shopping trip headed our way.
    negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.

Marksman
    TAG SOUNDS LIKE A ROAD TRIP IS IN ORDER

Gentleman in the street.... jd4320t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorguy View Post
    +1 on the Red Gold outlet store. Indiana local company, doing good. Try Mama Selita's ketchup on eggs, Mmmmmmm......
    I probably attended 20 or so meetings with Mama Selita and she's nice about 10% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Warehouses full of cans of tomatos......
    Have you seen them? It really is unreal.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast