Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Yoders canned meats.

We have purchased quite a few different items from them.Tried the bacon,hamburger,turkey,and chicken.I was becoming more curious about the products.In short I wanted to see the place and check if they had a retail store.

This is where the story begins.Try to find ANY information about a company named Yoders online.I will help you out.You can't. It is impossible because it does not exist other than a po box number in Ohio.

Well if Yoders does not exist where are all the Yoder products from,and how did they get the Yoders label?

Again I am glad you asked.After a few hours of searching I finally figured out how to narrow it down.Each can I have has a USDA meat processing number.Those numbers all lead to only one place. Order Online

In short someone out there has requested them to make a private label(they even advertise they will do this on there website)named Yoders.

Why does the label matter you ask? It doesn't Unless you want to pay more for the exact same product.

Yoders Hamburger $84.95 12 Cans/Case of fresh REAL Canned Hamburger/Ground Beef

OR directly from the source...
    $68.70 Homestyle Canned Meat 12-Pack (28 oz.)

The best part.If you order directly you can mix and match 12 cans of Chicken,Beef,Pork,Taco filling,Beef and Gravy(Yoders beef chunks),or Turkey....and save a good chunk of change.

So Yoders is simply Werling & Sons,inc under a private label,and yes they have a physical location and a retail store...in Ohio.Mystery solved.
    Welcome to Werling & Sons, Inc.

Last edited by smokingman; 03-28-2011 at 20:24.

Quote Originally Posted by smokingman View Post
    We have purchased quite a few different items from them.Tried the bacon,hamburger,turkey,and chicken.I was becoming more curious about the products.In short I wanted to see the place and check if they had a retail store.

This is where the story begins.Try to find ANY information about a company named Yoders online.I will help you out.You can't. It is impossible because it does not exist other than a po box number in Ohio.

Well if Yoders does not exist where are all the Yoder products from,and how did they get the Yoders label?

Again I am glad you asked.After a few hours of searching I finally figured out how to narrow it down.Each can I have has a USDA meat processing number.Those numbers all lead to only one place. Order Online

In short someone out there has requested them to make a private label(they even advertise they will do this on there website)named Yoders.

Why does the label matter you ask? It doesn't Unless you want to pay more for the exact same product.

Yoders Hamburger $84.95 12 Cans/Case of fresh REAL Canned Hamburger/Ground Beef

OR directly from the source...
    $68.70 Homestyle Canned Meat 12-Pack (28 oz.)

The best part.If you order directly you can mix and match 12 cans of Chicken,Beef,Pork,Taco filling,Beef and Gravy(Yoders beef chunks),or Turkey....and save a good chunk of change.

So Yoders is simply Werling & Sons,inc under a private label,and yes they have a physical location and a retail store...in Ohio.Mystery solved.

On a side note.Who ever choose the name Yoders was no doubt trying to link the canned products to Yoders Meat and Cheese Company | Shipshewana Amish Family Owned | Grain Fed Beef, Organic foods, Hormone free meats a company right here in Indiana,but in no way related to the canned goods people are buying from places like MREdepot.
    In short save yourself some money and do not order "Yoders" get the same product and save a ton of money by buying from the source.

If anyone remembers the cans of Tactical Bacon.It was the same deal,just a Werling & Sons product with a private label.

IE every person who has purchased a Yoders canned meat product was scammed around 30% off of the top or more.Just buy from the source.

I just called Werling & Sons because I was curious why canned bacon was not on there website.They do indeed can bacon,and according to the gentleman I talked to on the phone are the ONLY company in the United States to do so.He could not give me a price though until Monday"The guys at the slaughter house left at noon,and I am not sure on the price of bacon it varies with the cost of pork.".
    INGO label bacon anyone lol?
    I will call Monday and get the price.
    Last edited by smokingman; 03-05-2011 at 12:34. Reason: To Add information.

Marksman
    Reps to you for all of the detective work. Much appreciated
    Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1946 View Post
    Reps to you for all of the detective work. Much appreciated
    Ditto

But I also wonder if someone can explain the difference between "Grandma Werling's Canned Beef" and "Homestyle Canned Beef"

And as if the name thing isn't confusing enough, Yoder's in Shipshewana sells the other Yoder's canned meats in their store.

Good job on straightening it all out. I knew they were not the same company, but it is nice to know the whole story.

so how was the quality and whats the shelf life on them?

Talking

Thanks! You just save me (and others I'm sure) a bunch of money!
    +10,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy219 View Post
    I'll go... But then again, I'll go either way.

Originally Posted by xfrostybeersx
    Hey now I'm on top of Larry!

Good info, thanks.

Never bought these before. What is the stated shelf life? What is the actual shelf life? Couldn't find the answer on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    Ditto

But I also wonder if someone can explain the difference between "Grandma Werling's Canned Beef" and "Homestyle Canned Beef"
    The former is in gravy and the latter in broth.
    Barack Obama: In your heart you know he's nuts.

"Of all the offspring of Time, Error is the most ancient, and is so old and familiar an acquaintance, that Truth, when discovered, comes upon most of us like an intruder, and meets the intruder's welcome." (Mackay, 1841)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast