• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    East Washington street just east of 465 south side of the road in the strip shops or whatever. I have seen the sign on the side of the road but have yet had the chance to drive back there... Advertises self defense stuff to I think.

Anyone know anything?

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I stopped by there a few months ago. Very thinly stocked. Located in a nearly-vacant old shopping center. Don't know if anything has changed since then.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    They are sometimes at the 1500. Little family owned place i believe. I stopped by the 1500 and they were extremely nice and asked all my questions. I havent been to the store yet because I dont make it to the east side that often. Next time I'm out there I'll take a look though for sure.

I have their contact info I believe if anybody is interested

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Highly recommend. He does have an FFL also so he might be willing to do transfer at a very economical rate:whistle:
    He and his wife used to set up next to the Busse booth. Very good people. Stock is thin but it's a new biz.

Bob

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Highly recommend. He does have an FFL also so he might be willing to do transfer at a very economical rate:whistle:
    He and his wife used to set up next to the Busse booth. Very good people. Stock is thin but it's a new biz.

Bob
    Do you have experience on the economical rate?

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Do you have experience on the economical rate?

Yes. If I remember it was $20. They are really trying to make a living. I've bought probably 4 water filters and extra filters along with odds and ends. Their inventory is low but they are great to work with. I really enjoy going when I can.

Bob

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had no idea they were there. Is this the run down strip mall that has the skyline chili, and the buffet down at the other end?

I'm pretty close, too. I wonder how I can get to it on my bike. Washington Street under the freeway doesn't look so bicycle accessible. Not that it has ever stopped me.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Not in the same mall as the buffet and chili place. It is in the one across the street where the old Target/chuck e cheeses use to be. Just behind the Olive Garden.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not in the same mall as the buffet and chili place. It is in the one across the street where the old Target/chuck e cheeses use to be. Just behind the Olive Garden.

Ah thanks. Yeah it's almost a ghost town on that side of Franklin, too. That olive garden is a goldmine, though. Everytime I drive by the lot is full. Couldn't pay me to eat there myself.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    OK. I found this store on my lunch hour today, so I thought I would go ahead and share their contact info.

Indiana Self Defense
    8017 E. Washington Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46219
    317-534-0571

As others have said, it is on E. Washington St. less than 1 block east of 465 on the east side of Indy. It sits well off the road in an old, mostly diserted, strip mall behind the Olive Garden. Blue sign with white lettering. If you pass L Fish Furniture, you've gone too far.

They don't have a lot of inventory, but they do carry a variety of prepper supplies, some Condor backpacks and backpack accessories, medical kits and Katadyn water bottles and filters. They also have some handguns and a few rifles.

This is a small family run business. I was the only customer at the tme I was there. The owner's wife was very helpful and said they have a show they're going to in August and they plan to add some additional inventory. I picked up a Katadyn water filter, army issue medical kit, camo poncho and a handful of other things. The prices were reasonable for the items I bought. I'm sure they would appreciate a few INGO members stopping by.

Last edited:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think I'll cruise over there in an hour or so. My afternoon is open and have a few bucks leftover from the week.

If they have good backpacks I probably don't need to bring my old one - maybe buy a new one and put stuff I buy in that.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    What all do they have? It would be nice to have a fairly detailed liste before I drove over there. I rhank you for what items you have already provided.

Top Bottom